Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Deal With DAZN is 11 Fights, $365 Million Guarantee

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
    It will be a good deal if you like boxing. This will allow them to sign a lot of fighters.

But as I understand it, there will still be PPV Canelo fights. So they might have him fight 2 lower tier fighters and you'd get that for your $9.99 a month subscription, but if he has a huge fight it will still be PPV.

This was a power play, but it's a complicated deal too. There will still be PPV fees for the biggest fights.
    I didnt gather that Canelo would be doing PPV in between the 10 fights in those five years but maybe you know something I don’t or read more details elsewhere. I havent really looked more into it tbh. Either way, I’m glad to not have to pay for all those 10. If he does other ppv, that’s an insane cashflow. The wording does seem to imply that the guarantee is kind of an “at least” that much so he’s making more it appears..maybe thats the PPV money?

There’s also Bellator for those who like MMA. It’s an amazing deal as a boxing fan. You’d be crazy to not want to have dazn
    Last edited by NearHypnos; 10-17-2018, 09:14 AM.

Comment

• good for canelo now will we ever see him vs charlo or Andrade?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fists_of_Fury View Post
        Canelo is no Mayweather or Pacquiao. He's just the biggest star atm. What big name 154, 160, and 168lbers are there really? And who would jump ship out of them just to fight Canelo? GGG is about the only one. DAZN is overpaying for sure but idc because it's not my $ and I won't get DAZN app for Canelo fights. Illegal streams > ESPN+ and DAZN.
        Great deal for Canelo but I’m a little less sure this makes sense for DAZN. I think boxing fans should also be a tad concerned on the length of the deal and what it means for Canelo’s potential opposition.

We will see how it shakes out but my initial impression is skepticism about the financial smarts of the deal by DAZN.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
          So how does this DAZN sht work??? Is it an ap?? Channel?? How you watch it on big screen?? I dont want to watch it off a damn computer.
          You can watch it on a smart T.V like i do or you can put it on your phone and mirror it on your T.V

If you do the math it's a lot cheaper than getting Showtime or HBO and I think that might be DAZN's edge

Comment

• Dan Rafael reported that it's an 11 fight deal, not 10. Either way, canelo bossed up on this one. I love to see young people paid! I'm sure Jacobs will join DAZN as well after his next fight. That could very possibly be the next fight in May

Comment

• The Golden Girl has to pick up the slack from Empty Seat Hearn, SMH

Comment

• Mayweather gotta be crying to al haymon and showtime.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny2x2x View Post
                  Cable TV is dying, but this is still a risky move as DAZN is not a known commodity. Canelo’s people should have forced him to learn English’s h a decade ago, it would have made him $100s of millions more in his career.

This could be good or bad for fans. We’ll see. Cheaper fights, but also there will be questions of good fights can be made.
                  The only slam dunk is for Canelo. He is getting paid.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                    You can watch it on a smart T.V like i do or you can put it on your phone and mirror it on your T.V

If you do the math it's a lot cheaper than getting Showtime or HBO and I think that might be DAZN's edge
                    Agree if you are only getting those channels for boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
                      You know I was agreeing with you, defensive a tad no?
                      ...my lame attempt at humor...

Comment

Working...
                      X