No announcement yet.

What is the limit of trash talk in boxing/MMA

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
    Racial slurs and family should be off limits.
    Remember Ricardo Mayorga? Cory Spinks said he was going to dedicate the fight to his mother and brother who had passed away. Mayorga took the mic and said:

"I'm going to reunite you with your whole family who happens to be upstairs with our lord Jesus Christ and I'll stay here with my family that's alive and well."

Cory kept his composure, I think some people would've snapped.

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
      Remember Ricardo Mayorga? Cory Spinks said he was going to dedicate the fight to his mother and brother who had passed away. Mayorga took the mic and said:

"I'm going to reunite you with your whole family who happens to be upstairs with our lord Jesus Christ and I'll stay here with my family that's alive and well."

Cory kept his composure, I think some people would've snapped.

Almost forgot about that one. I like some trash talk, but it's always tasteless to bring family into it, especially deceased family members.

That's one reason why I liked seeing Mayorga get his ass handed to him.

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
        Depends on if you can back it up
        So, as long as you can back it up you can say whatever you want?

Comment

Originally posted by VatoMulatto View Post
          So, as long as you can back it up you can say whatever you want?
          Basically. Don't talk if you can't back-it up.

Comment

I don't like racial attacks. At the end of the day, they're fighting each other, so words don't mean too much

Comment

Nothing verbally should be off limits IMO. Sucks that even combat sports are becoming politically incorrect.

I think the line is only crossed when things get physical beyond the fight like shoving, brawling it out, ect.

Comment

You can say whatever you want...but be ready for the reaction you will receive

Comment

Racial slurs are A-Ok unless youre a white fighter then there is consequences , probably banned for life.

Comment

This is a blood sport. There aint no boundaries when it comes to sht talking.

Comment

Originally posted by Southpawology View Post
                      Racial slurs are A-Ok unless youre a white fighter then there is consequences , probably banned for life.
                      No unless you say some thing about Jews.

Comment

Working...
                      X