Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Barry Hearn: We Should Wait Two Years To Make Joshua-Wilder

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    It’s amazing how they all just fall in line and type the same thing lol. Like literally ignore everything else and read what Wilder or finkle wanted them to read into it. There is a contract on the table. If someone is ducking you then sign it. If you think that fight would get bigger like most knowledgeable thinks then don’t sign it. And hide behind the “They don’t want the fight” theme.
    I forgot, do you support that flat fee contract? Also, do you think that B. Hearn statement should be disregarded? Do you not feel that the idea of marinating the fight impacted matchroom approach to negotiations.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      Because that way, you can make him say whatever you want him to say.
      No need, actions speak louder than words

The guy admits he'd advise & be happy if aj had soft fights, sold loads & remained undefeated. That's their game, give the impression of risk while milking the fans in low risk fights

Comment

Originally posted by jodydean1 View Post
        Joshua's rep has taken a hit with a lack of quality opponents and the Wilder/Fury fight happening and now Barry wants to prolong the fight for the monetary value and take advantage of the fact that Joshua is not ready and tend to their cash cow Joshua again. I don't want to wait for this fight to happen because their business is screwed up and hopefully it happens in the second half of 2019 at the latest.
        Joshua’s rep has taken a hit because of his lack of quality opponents, compared to who exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          He’s getting that much against Breazeale?
          No he is not. However,If he is that is seriously impressive because his last fight he made close to 3 million with a much better opponent.

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
            This is nothing new. Matchroom and Anthony Joshua are keen on marinating the fight until the end of 2019 beginning of 2020. They are willing to fight now but only if they can fleece Wilder with that flat fee.

Certain fans only seem to support that flat fee bull so they can defend Joshua against claims of ducking and that is sad. Isn't saying that I will fight you but only if I can screw you over on the money another form of ducking?
            I actually watched the Interview. Barry Hearn was fishing and he was talking candidly about Winkle never doing favours for him and vide versa. A nonchalant boring interview. He stated his current methods are slightly outdated but that’s neither here nor there.

This situation is so easily resolved. Team Joshua changes the offer to a percentage fee . Even starting at 30% . Though if Wilder beats Fury it goes to 35-40%. Until that happens or the fight is signed this will unfortunately be the typical rhetoric when Joshua and Hearn is mentioned

Comment

Originally posted by Leonbus2 View Post
              Mayweather waited 6 years to fight Manny.
              It was the opposite. Why would Manny want to wait, knowing that with age he had the most to lose, and that was his speed cuz speed is the first thing that suffers through aging? It just doesn't add up.

Comment

Originally posted by davidw9785 View Post
                Reading this was disgusting. Yeah, we all knew Hearn and Co. are milking the public and teasing us with the fight people actually want to see. But to hear this sh#t directly?!! F@ck that. He's talking like the most entitled, POS coward businessman. As boxing fans, do we just hear this and say "OK, you know what, he's right. I'll wait 2 years for the fight I actually want to see and pay you money to maintain AJ's career in the meantime..." NO! F@ck that.

At this point in time, I'll be boycotting anything Matchroom, DAZN, AJ, Hearn related. Yeah, I'm only one hardcore boxing fan and my few dollars a month don't mean much, but I can't read that sh@t and pretend like that's OK. That was disgusting to read
                Maybe you should read again. Eddie is the boss of Matchroom boxing, not his dad Barry.
                Maybe you do in your life only what your daddy tells you, but not everybody is like that.

Comment

Joshua with 21 fights in, so far has took on Wlad (yes an old Klitschko), fought Martin a big undefeated HW Champion (yes we now know he was rubbish), fought Parker an undefeated champion (too small and not that good) and Whyte and Breazeale. He is now fighting the top 3 guy who has only lost once. So Wilder has finally grown a pair after 40 fights, where has he been, what has he been doing why is he not a unified champion. The MONEY is now right so they are happy to take risks with Wilder fighting Fury and or Joshua. With Joshua he has more options and is making big money now, maybe after 40 fights you can call him a coward if he has not fought Wilder, but with 21 fights who had the ***** Wilder fought, think about it. I am not saying either of them is a coward; you need to go into a fight to win (unless you are a journey man) so can we cut out the coward stuff as as it sounds like schoolboy playground stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Noelanthony View Post
                    I actually watched the Interview. Barry Hearn was fishing and he was talking candidly about Winkle never doing favours for him and vide versa. A nonchalant boring interview. He stated his current methods are slightly outdated but that’s neither here nor there.

This situation is so easily resolved. Team Joshua changes the offer to a percentage fee . Even starting at 30% . Though if Wilder beats Fury it goes to 35-40%. Until that happens or the fight is signed this will unfortunately be the typical rhetoric when Joshua and Hearn is mentioned
                    "This situation is so easily resolved. Team Joshua changes the offer to a percentage fee . Even starting at 30%." If it was so easy, it would've been done already, but it wasn't! Eddie offered the flat-fee so that the fight would NOT happen!

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                      "This situation is so easily resolved. Team Joshua changes the offer to a percentage fee . Even starting at 30%." If it was so easy, it would've been done already, but it wasn't! Eddie offered the flat-fee so that the fight would NOT happen!
                      Not necessarily because the money was accepted but it’s obvious they wanted to be rewarded substantially for the risk that they feel Deontay possesses. It’s easy for you and I to say give him 50/50 as we are not involved financially. The point I’m making is that the offer has been frowned upon by nearly all media outlets and fans alike. To stop the backlash change it to a percentage.

They may well be scared and have no intention to face Wilder . However whilst there is a signed contract by them regardless of how bull****it is they run the risk that Wilder could sign and they have no choice but to fight. Basically the more money they offer Wilder the more they are not scared ,is that what you are saying?

Comment

Working...
                      X