This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Noose View Post
    So according to u as a Christian, it doesnt matter if someone believes in God or not or who or what they worship. The only thing that matters is their behaviour?
    Exactly. Behavior=objective actions. User Spartacus Sully's answer was pretty correct for what concerns me.

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
      Romans

9:11 (For the children being not yet born, neither having done any good or evil, that the purpose of God according to election might stand, not of works, but of him that calleth
      9:12 It was said unto her, The elder shall serve the younger.
      9:13 As it is written, Jacob have I loved, but Esau have I hated.
      9:14 What shall we say then? Is there unrighteousness with God? God forbid.
      9:15 For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
      9:16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
      9:17 For the scripture saith unto Pharaoh, Even for this same purpose have I raised thee up, that I might shew my power in thee, and that my name might be declared throughout all the earth.
      9:18 Therefore hath he mercy on whom he will have mercy, and whom he will he hardeneth.
      9:19 Thou wilt say then unto me, Why doth he yet find fault? For who hath resisted his will?
      9:20 Nay but, O man, who art thou that repliest against God? Shall the thing formed say to him that formed it, Why hast thou made me thus?
      9:21 Hath not the potter power over the clay, of the same lump to make one vessel unto honour, and another unto dishonour?
      9:22 What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction

From the above god has control over everybody's destiny as a potter has control over the clay.

11:7 What then? Israel hath not obtained that which he seeketh for; but the election hath obtained it, and the rest were blinded. (1
      11:8 (According as it is written, God hath given them the spirit of slumber, eyes that they should not see, and ears that they should not hear unto this day.
      11:9 And David saith, Let their table be made a snare, and a trap, and a stumblingblock, and a recompence unto them:
      11:10 Let their eyes be darkened, that they may not see, and bow down their back alway.

Here god blinds the jews so they won't see jesus as the Messiah and will therefore be damned.

2 Thessalonians

2:11 And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie:
      2:12 That they all might be damned who believed not the truth
      , but had pleasure in unrighteousness.
      2:13 But we are bound to give thanks alway to God for you, brethren beloved of the Lord, because God hath from the beginning chosen you to salvation through sanctification of the Spirit and belief of the truth:
      That's it then, maybe God knows things before they happen, he knows the heart of the people. God works in mysterious ways... After all, he's God.

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
          That's it then, maybe God knows things before they happen, he knows the heart of the people. God works in mysterious ways... After all, he's God.
          Or alternatively... doesn't exist, and religion is just a very sophisticated means of frightening people into doing what you want.

Comment

• why is this thread so popular?

Comment

• Originally posted by squealpiggy View Post
              Or alternatively... doesn't exist, and religion is just a very sophisticated means of frightening people into doing what you want.
              Well, opinions are like assh0les everybody's got one.

But if you think again, religion is worth for the use you make of it: if you use religion to terrorise and corrupt people (fundamentalism), then you'll most probably go to hell.
              If you use it to gather people for good purposes (volunteering, education, charity, missions, medical assistance...), then it's obviously better.

It all depends on the use you make of it. Think about fire weapons: shooting random people from a window is a bad use of them. Keeping a gun to protect your property is a fair use of them. Is it possible to ban the production of weapons from society only because any fool could make a wrong use of them at any time? Nope. Men have always constructed and used weapons, because hunting and fighting (protcecting your territory) is what men have done for survival since the dawn of time. So it will never be possible to ban weapons from human society: same goes for religion: you cannot ban religion from society because every man has has got a spirituality. It's part of who we are. It's always been like that, any society of men or civilization whatsoever has had its own religion, because that's the way men relate with their own spirit.
              So: to accept this fact and to cultivate a close and sane relationship with God is a smart thing. To deny it and claim that religion is a mega hoax to trick people and stuff like that is a pretty dumb and immature thing for anyone. PERIOD.
              Last edited by Nick Name; 02-17-2011, 06:18 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squirtz View Post
                why is this thread so popular?
                Because you still haven't got into it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Nick Name View Post
                  Well, opinions are like assh0les everybody's got one.

But if you think again, religion is worth for the use you make of it: if you use religion to terrorise and corrupt people (fundamentalism), then you'll most probably go to hell.
                  If religion is true then fundamentalists will be first in line for heaven. They're the ones that really follow the rules.

So: to accept this fact and to cultivate a close and sane relationship with God is a smart thing.
                  It's not very smart if god doesn't exist.

To deny it and claim that religion is a mega hoax to trick people and stuff like that is a pretty dumb and immature thing for anyone. PERIOD.
                  It's not necessarily a scam (although there are certainly similarities to scams in most religions - the entire basis of the Jewish Levitical tradition is that one set of families get the best portion of everything produced by everyone else without having to work for it!) but it is a sophisticated self replicating idea and the illogical and unpleasant threat of hell is obviously successful at replicating itself as it is present in just about every major religion.

Comment

• lmfao poor piggy has been getting continuously trolled in this thread for 4 years

Comment

• The gospel has been given continuously via this thread for 4 years.

Please read this first post if you haven't yet and pray that prayer at the bottom of it to God from your heart.

Comment

Working...
                      X