Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NY Professor: White nuclear families promote systemic racism it must be dismantle

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REAL TALK] NY Professor: White nuclear families promote systemic racism it must be dismantle

A sociology professor at the City University of New York (CUNY) recently argued in an extensive series of tweets that “the white-nuclear family” perpetuates racism.

Jessie Daniels, a self-described “expert on race,” began her tweetstorm this weekend by declaring that “what I’ve learned is that the white-nuclear family is one of the most powerful forces supporting white supremacy.”

“I mean, if you’re a white person who says they’re engaged in dismantling white supremacy but…you’re forming a white family [and] reproducing white children that ‘you want the best for’ - how is that helping [and] not part of the problem?”

While she argued that the white nuclear family was a key perpetrator of racism, she also argued that multiracial families can be “part of the problem” too, if the white person in the relationship fails in “dealing [with] your own racism or systemic white supremacy.”

Daniels notes that she’s not alone in her hostility towards the family. Other scholars have a “feminist critique of The Family as an inherently conservative force in society,” she says, citing the work of feminist scholars Peggy McIntosh and Michele Barrett, who argue in their book that the nuclear family structure is a “fact to be lamented.”

[RELATED: Republicans sour on academia, profs blame conservative media]

The sacredness of the family also concerns her, Daniels notes, adding that “there’s a whole ideological apparatus to justify how f-cking sacred the family is,” adding that “nothing’s more important” because “Until white people are ready to confront their own family’s racism [and] participation in systemic white supremacy, it’s not getting dismantled.”

Following her tweetstorm, which garnered a great deal of criticism on Twitter, Daniels locked her account down, and her tweets are no longer public.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10069

This has to be a joke....What is wrong with people? Idiocracy is taking over. We are seeing what a female run world would ****ing look like, and it is a scary looking one.

Comment

The epitome of white guilt.

I'd wager this white professor lives in a mostly white part of town.

Its quite interesting how those who attack whites for being racists typically make darn sure to live among whites, as opposed to living among non-whites.

Gee, I wonder why that is.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bygeorge View Post

A sociology professor at the City University of New York (CUNY) recently argued in an extensive series of tweets that “the white-nuclear family” perpetuates racism.

Jessie Daniels, a self-described “expert on race,” began her tweetstorm this weekend by declaring that “what I’ve learned is that the white-nuclear family is one of the most powerful forces supporting white supremacy.”

“I mean, if you’re a white person who says they’re engaged in dismantling white supremacy but…you’re forming a white family [and] reproducing white children that ‘you want the best for’ - how is that helping [and] not part of the problem?”

While she argued that the white nuclear family was a key perpetrator of racism, she also argued that multiracial families can be “part of the problem” too, if the white person in the relationship fails in “dealing [with] your own racism or systemic white supremacy.”

Daniels notes that she’s not alone in her hostility towards the family. Other scholars have a “feminist critique of The Family as an inherently conservative force in society,” she says, citing the work of feminist scholars Peggy McIntosh and Michele Barrett, who argue in their book that the nuclear family structure is a “fact to be lamented.”

[RELATED: Republicans sour on academia, profs blame conservative media]

The sacredness of the family also concerns her, Daniels notes, adding that “there’s a whole ideological apparatus to justify how f-cking sacred the family is,” adding that “nothing’s more important” because “Until white people are ready to confront their own family’s racism [and] participation in systemic white supremacy, it’s not getting dismantled.”

Following her tweetstorm, which garnered a great deal of criticism on Twitter, Daniels locked her account down, and her tweets are no longer public.

https://www.campusreform.org/?ID=10069
        Wtf???? What??

Comment

If we want to do away with racism, just do away with whitey

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
            This has to be a joke....What is wrong with people? Idiocracy is taking over. We are seeing what a female run world would ****ing look like, and it is a scary looking one.
            It isn't significant. This is conservative think tank/website dedicated to developing conservative activists. So whenever they find an academic that presents a theory they can exploit, they over exaggerate it as mainstream to get low and misinformed conservatives riled up.

Comment

Sounds very North Korean...

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                It isn't significant. This is conservative think tank/website dedicated to developing conservative activists. So whenever they find an academic that presents a theory they can exploit, they over exaggerate it as mainstream to get low and misinformed conservatives riled up.
                Oh, i am aware of what goes on here. I am just saying if this is a professor, there will be plenty of impressionable minds to **** over and extend the problem.

Comment

I'm surprised that she isn't Jewish. But her boss must be.

Sad that some white gentiles are contributing to the gradual genocide against white gentiles.

Comment

Originally posted by megas30 View Post
                    Oh, i am aware of what goes on here. I am just saying if this is a professor, there will be plenty of impressionable minds to **** over and extend the problem.
                    This didn't even register anywhere other than places looking to exploit this kind of stuff for political gain. Of course if you go to college on the East Coast, especially Northeastern US in large cities, you come across this all the time. No one usually takes it seriously.
                    Last edited by The Big Dunn; 10-31-2017, 11:50 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X