No announcement yet.

GOP holding budget hostage under Obama, now it's reversed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    GOP controls the House, Senate, and Presidency.

They're fighting over CHIP (which the GOP Congress & Republican President allowed to expire) and fighting over DACA (which the Republican President didn't renew) yet somehow it's the Democrats fault that the GOP can't govern? Amazing how the GOP Congress & Democrat President were able to get things done but they cant get anything done with a Republican President.
    LMFAO at you being as downright stupid as CNN's Jim Acosta and not knowing how the budget process works:

CNN correspondent Jim Acosta pressed White House OMB Director Mick Mulvaney Friday on which party will get the blame if the government shuts down at midnight.

Acosta questioned why Republicans are calling it the "Schumer shutdown" - referring to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) - when they control both houses of Congress and the White House.

"Come on, you know the answer to that as well as anybody. I have to laugh when people say that," Mulvaney pushed back, noting that the spending measure requires 60 Senate votes.

Source, full story and includes video:
    http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/1...shutdown-blame

Y'all Team D superfans are so stupid you don't even know the rules of the game!!

Comment

Originally posted by 1bad65 View Post
      LMFAO at you being as downright stupid as CNN's Jim Acosta and not knowing how the budget process works:

CNN correspondent Jim Acosta pressed White House OMB Director Mick Mulvaney Friday on which party will get the blame if the government shuts down at midnight.

Acosta questioned why Republicans are calling it the "Schumer shutdown" - referring to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) - when they control both houses of Congress and the White House.

"Come on, you know the answer to that as well as anybody. I have to laugh when people say that," Mulvaney pushed back, noting that the spending measure requires 60 Senate votes.

Source, full story and includes video:
      http://insider.foxnews.com/2018/01/1...shutdown-blame

Y'all Team D superfans are so stupid you don't even know the rules of the game!!
      There are several Rs that would stop it from passing most likely in the Senate anyway, plus you can't just expect any last second slop from the House Repubs to get passed just to avoid the government shutdown. Team R actually tries to work with Team D earlier and shutdown avoided.

Putting this on Team D ignores all the time Team R has had up to this point where it was entirely on them to get the ball rolling, and moves it on to Team D to just accept whatever the House has produced with no time for back and forth or reasonable review.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        There are several Rs that would stop it from passing most likely in the Senate anyway, plus you can't just expect any last second slop from the House Repubs to get passed just to avoid the government shutdown. Team R actually tries to work with Team D earlier and shutdown avoided.

Putting this on Team D ignores all the time Team R has had up to this point where it was entirely on them to get the ball rolling, and moves it on to Team D to just accept whatever the House has produced with no time for back and forth or reasonable review.
        What part of the Rs don't have 60 Senate votes do you not grasp?

They need some D votes. If the Ds simply dig in and "resist", there's nothing the Rs can do.

I'm trying to explain this in very simple terms. Do try and keep up here.

And btw, the Team D players were singing a different tune on shutdowns in 2013. Care to address their hypocrisy?

Comment

Trump's not broken a campaign promise yet, so why wouldn't I support him considering I voted for him due to his campaign promises?

You tell me why I shouldn't support Trump.....

I was the first to use it here in terms of politics.

Feel free to look it up.

And watch the personal insults buddy.

For someone who dropped, and then ducked his own e-challenge to Larry, you really shouldn't be throwing stones.

Like I said, just be yourself. Be you. Talk like you do, not like I do. Be a man, be yourself.

Is it too much to ask you to be you?

lol that's why you're a superfan... trump keep saying he'll declare china currency manipulator.. trump went to china and kissed their @ss and started blaming US.. trump did the same thing to mexico.. he was talking tough about mexico border wall.. but when he met the president of mexico, didnt even bring the topic..

promised million jobs, he knows will never happen..

the truth is you have so much hate in your heart towards non-white so you buy trump BS and defend him at all cost.. you and trump have that in common..

Comment

Originally posted by B.UTLER View Post
            lol that's why you're a superfan...
            My son, if you're just going to mimic me I'm going to have to put you on ignore.

I'm trying to debate/discuss this with you, not have my words repeated back to me like you're an old tape recorder.

Try again, and this time use your own words and only your own words.

You can do it!!

Comment

What part of the Rs don't have 60 Senate votes do you not grasp?

They need some D votes. If the Ds simply dig in and "resist", there's nothing the Rs can do.

I'm trying to explain this in very simple terms. Do try and keep up here.

And btw, the Team D players were singing a different tune on shutdowns in 2013. Care to address their hypocrisy?
              Again, you're trying to shift the blame to people who have not really had a role up to this point.

It's like if we were working on a project together, and you worked on it alone not telling me anything about it. Then the night before it's due you came up to me with what you have so far and ask me to finish it. If I don't manage to get it done on time is it my fault or yours? Is it just the last leg that matters or should we ask what you've been up to this whole time?

Basically what you're saying is that the way it's supposed to work is that Team R works up until the last possible moment and then Team D rubber stamps it through to avoid the government shutdown. That's dumb.

Team R likely waited on purpose to put the onus on Team D to accept it without significant review or revisions. Because then they can be like "oh look at Team D not doing their part!" if they want even the slightest bit of review to take place. But if they've not had any time or role so far, how can they be blamed for wanting to do so now?

If you look at the whole picture objectively, you cannot reasonably put the blame on Team D here.

Comment

Again, you're trying to shift the blame to people who have not really had a role up to this point.
                The D players have a role, they are Senators!!!

Basically what you're saying is that the way it's supposed to work is that Team R works up until the last possible moment and then Team D rubber stamps it through to avoid the government shutdown. That's dumb.
                No, that's not what I'm saying.

Keep up, and don't make strawmen.

If you look at the whole picture objectively, you cannot reasonably put the blame on Team D here.
                They are the ones holding it up!!

Of course it's their fault.

Now to their credit Schumer is meeting with Trump, but let's see if he's being flexible and discussing this in good faith, or if he's just trying to look good for his team's fans.

Comment

Does butler even know why he dislikes Republicans or is it just naturally in line with his ultra-tryhard "I'm an urban career man with a certified preowned BMW" cringeyness?

Most of his objections to Trump's presidency for example are trivial anecdotes about being rude to China & reminding us that he's a white male (WHOA!!!). Those aren't grownup political positions. Seems very forced.
                  Last edited by ////; 01-19-2018, 04:47 PM.

Comment

The D players have a role, they are Senators!!!

No, that's not what I'm saying.

Keep up, and don't make strawmen.

They are the ones holding it up!!

Of course it's their fault.

Now to their credit Schumer is meeting with Trump, but let's see if he's being flexible and discussing this in good faith, or if he's just trying to look good for his team's fans.
                    There is a reason you cut out part of my comment that points out that there was a lot that happened before this point and that that falls on Team R. It is precisely Team R's intention to appeal to their fans about how, right now, the Team D senators are not rubber stamping what's come out of the House from Team R. Essentially they are asking you to ignore everything that's lead up to this moment, and consistent with this appeal that is exactly what you are doing.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                      Does butler even know why he dislikes Republicans or is it just naturally in line with his ultra-tryhard "I'm an urban career man with a certified preowned BMW" cringeyness?

Most of his objections to Trump's presidency for example are trivial anecdotes about being rude to China & reminding us that he's a white male (WHOA!!!). Those aren't grownup political positions.
                      i dislike them because their policies are usually anti-poor but no problem spending hundreds of billion in military..

who cares if poor dies, as long as we got the latest jet..

Comment

Working...
                      X