No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Canelo and The Right Amount of 'Marinate'

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    You seem to have lil faith in the MexiCAN fans. This fight will still do over 1 million buys. They'll just lose the casual fans and who cares. They're not gonna make me not buy this fight.
    I think this fight does more than ringling bros boxing event,when ringling bros circus held their last official event 4 cheap af nobody cared much,but now were supposed to believe that peeps will pay $100 to see a boxing circus,only Mcgimper fanbois will pay to watch,the rest will likely stream it. The fact that they have been still having thousands of tix 2 weeks out at the box office proves my point(tmobile site,im not talking resellers),I expect they'll give away the remaining tix to high rollers etc. & they'll drop the price in secret & sell them on resale sites so they can claim a sellout crowd.
    I'm usually right about the numbers,I told peeps canelo vs chavez would do more than 1 mil ppv,I told everyone that ggg vs jacobs would megaflop etc. Mark it down I predict canelo vs ggg does over 2.3 mil ppv & may vs mcgimp does almost that much but nowhere near may vs pac. Mcgimpers odds of winning have gone way down instead of up as peeps are realizing how much of a hopelessly cowardis pûssy he is, I'm confident malignant-agi schooled mcgimp & only mma fans think otherwise,peeps arnt as stupid as floyd/Dana Whites fat ass thought they were as evidenced by the shîtty ticket sales. Im laughing all the way to the bank as bovada is stupid enough 2 give great odds on may vsgimp doing under mayvs pac, I'm convinced that it flops stateside & does well in uk.
    Last edited by kushking; 08-21-2017, 08:32 PM.

Comment

Then why did you have a problem with Canelo if he wanted to stay at Super WW?? What was the obsesiom with him having to come up to full MW? See your cool with GGG never moving up but not with ohter fighters.
      You must have confused me with somebody else - I did not have a problem with Canelo wanting to stay at anything he wanted to stay at He can even stay home on the coach drinking beer and eating nachos for all I care

See your cool with GGG never moving up but not with ohter fighters
      ================

I don't understand how you came to this conclusion when I started my post by expressing surprise at many people's desire to see a boxer going up.

Comment

Should've happened September 16'. With that out of the way, I'm glad it's finally coming to fruition. Just hope we get a good fight!!! I really don't like the Mayweather vs McMuffin debacle happening less than a month before doe. It will def affect PPV #'s

Comment

The only thing im absolutely sure about is that whoever loses will go out swinging for the fences,there won't be any chavez jr cowardis in this fight. I'm backing canelo to do ggg in with body shots & that it might look similar to ward vs kovalev with way more action,but in no way am I saying that ggg cant win,I think hes learned a lot from the Jacobs fight & even brook fight so he won't be careless. Peeps constantly assume that I think gggs garbage af,or that hell get steamrolled etc.(although Im sure ward wouldve obliterated him),all I've been saying constantly from day 1 was that its rediculous to claim that canelo will get obliterated based on both their resumes,or that Canelos some giant pûssy while ggg is some true warrior who fights 4 glory etc.

It's ironic because those who assume I think gggs a bum, unskilled etc.are the same who claim canelos been fighting bums,that hes a slow flat footed plodder, that his legs will buckle when he feels gs mystical power,that ggg is a monster compared to anyone canelos faced etc. etc. They claim ggg will obliterate him & try to use past resume to back it up,as I keep saying if were being completely unbiased in analyzing this fight its ok to say you think ggg will obliterate canelo based on style,gggs skillset etc. but it's downright dishonest to say that gggs opponents are near the skill level of several of canelos opponents esp. for his age,its dishonest to say ggg fights 4 glory & ducks nobody,& that canelos some giant ducking pûssy businessman etc.

If all anyone did was say something along the lines of ggg beats canelo because of their opinion then fine,but they try to back it up with complete fallacies like claiming ggg only cherrypicked most his career because he was ducked by others,or that certain wins canelo has are garbage,when asked what fighters canelo couldve fought instead,names like charlos/andrade get used Despite them being completely unproven & then theyd claim they were garbage wins,& that he should've fought Kirkland & others instead. Kirkland had 28 kos outta 32 fights 1 loss,& is a huge ass mofo,but peeps claim that was a garbage cherrypick....

Ftr I think Kahn was a complete cherrypick & was pissed off when it was made as I knew the outcome like brook vs ggg.
          Last edited by kushking; 08-21-2017, 10:42 PM.

Comment

I disagree. Canelo held the WBC MW belt 2 years ago after beating a then still feared fighter in Cotto.

But after showing us his guns and saying 'I'm ready' after a boxing scribe posed the question would he now fight Golovkin, he binned the belt, the marinade word started being used and Canelo pursued a bizarre fight with a highly overmatched Liam Smith. Then a completely shot Chavez Junior.

What he was doing was using his considerable age advantage to carefully watch GGG. And there he saw something of a slip in the Kazakhs intensity. He could be hit by a fighter who, like Canelo could throw crisp sharp combinations; Daniel Jacobs is probably similar in natural weight to Canelo, who walks around at 170 - 180. I suspect Canelo at 5''9' is probably more naturally 170-175, has seen a possible blueprint in beating GGG through Jacobs.

If these fights hadn't transpired, say GGG had blasted two opponents the same way he had been, I doubt Canelo would be gloving up for September.

The right time for this fight was at least a year ago, if not two. How can you say Alvarez has matured by beating Smith and Chavez Jr? what bull****. If anything, all it has done is serve to nurse his ego.

He learnt the fine art of not exactly cherry picking, but picking your opponent at the optimum time for yourself, manipulating every possible conceivable small advantage from Mayweather.

What makes this fight still exciting is that neither guy has ever really been hurt, have sturdy chins and prefer a steady pace, which hopefully means Canelo doesn't apply a mobile, stick and move style with Golovkin chasing him around the ring all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
              When did I say GGG was incapable of beating Canelo? He poses a threat to anyone with his power. GGG having a weaker resume especially then is just a basic fact. And GGG is anything but an "old man". He's a champion in his prime with more experience under his belt than 2 years ago. Whoever wins deserves full credit. No excuses.
              No athlete is in their prime at 35. Prime may extend out a year or two beyond 30, but that's it. 27-28 is usually when you hit prime - maintaining most of your peak athleticism while having enough experience to make a difference

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario View Post
                When did I say GGG was incapable of beating Canelo? He poses a threat to anyone with his power. GGG having a weaker resume especially then is just a basic fact. And GGG is anything but an "old man". He's a champion in his prime with more experience under his belt than 2 years ago. Whoever wins deserves full credit. No excuses.
                Move up. Canelo had not been fighting at SWW in years before anyone mentioned GGG. He just had been refusing to move up and creating his own division, as if he is some specially person who the rules of boxing should bend to him.

And GGG is 35 years old, that is what it is. But to ignore Canelo team didnt try to age him to his decline then that is ignoring what everyone knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Kiowhatta View Post
                  I disagree. Canelo held the WBC MW belt 2 years ago after beating a then still feared fighter in Cotto.

But after showing us his guns and saying 'I'm ready' after a boxing scribe posed the question would he now fight Golovkin, he binned the belt, the marinade word started being used and Canelo pursued a bizarre fight with a highly overmatched Liam Smith. Then a completely shot Chavez Junior.

What he was doing was using his considerable age advantage to carefully watch GGG. And there he saw something of a slip in the Kazakhs intensity. He could be hit by a fighter who, like Canelo could throw crisp sharp combinations; Daniel Jacobs is probably similar in natural weight to Canelo, who walks around at 170 - 180. I suspect Canelo at 5''9' is probably more naturally 170-175, has seen a possible blueprint in beating GGG through Jacobs.

If these fights hadn't transpired, say GGG had blasted two opponents the same way he had been, I doubt Canelo would be gloving up for September.

The right time for this fight was at least a year ago, if not two. How can you say Alvarez has matured by beating Smith and Chavez Jr? what bull****. If anything, all it has done is serve to nurse his ego.

He learnt the fine art of not exactly cherry picking, but picking your opponent at the optimum time for yourself, manipulating every possible conceivable small advantage from Mayweather.

What makes this fight still exciting is that neither guy has ever really been hurt, have sturdy chins and prefer a steady pace, which hopefully means Canelo doesn't apply a mobile, stick and move style with Golovkin chasing him around the ring all night.
                  Agree, except we have seen canelo hurt and retreat to the ropes by Cotto brother, and we seen him get sparked some and lose steam and retreat. If Cotto Bro can hurt him, I am pretty sure GGG at 35 can. Just this year ESPN clocked him hitting like a LHW. So if he lands one of those, who knows.

Comment

That's a two way street. If Canelo wins is your excuse going to be he aged GGG??? Remind me how many weight classes GGG has fought at??? This is Canelos 4th one. Not bad at all IMO. GGG could of had some GREAT fights at 168 but he chose to stay at MW. To fight the Monroe's and house arrest Wades...
                    Nah, if Canelo wins, no excuses from me. May the best man win.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                      Dumb ass explain to me when was canelo supposed to fight ggg since the day he vacated, considering bbb was busy vs ww & who he thought was bum glassjaw by his trainers own words?
                      gggs own promoter has stated he had an offer with a 8 figure gaurantee this ENTIRE time but that he wanted almost half the purse,ggg has gone on mexican tv saying the same,he has been all over youtube saying the same.

He was willing to take 3 mil flat fee when a welter said jump,as the bbb side,zero ppv upside,weeks after he said kahn fighting canelo 8 lbs heavy was a disgrace to boxing but then made brook fight 12 lbs heavy. Oh right its a disgrace to boxing to cw when it benefits his tiny glass skull opponent,but when he ducked ward & demanded cw its different. In my sig the links back up the hypocrit cherrypicker your god is. And you have the audacity to claim him fighting brook is ok,that proves what a nutthugger u are, he could've cw brook,he could've fought Lara/Andrade/Charlos/trout who all called him ***** & wanted it at 160,but not hypocrit bbb who flipflops more than mittromney negotiating with a mormon hooker,hed rather fight a ww nohoper.

Your another ****** on here making excuses now that the fights happening despite u claiming 4 mos that it wouldn't anywhere near so soon. Your getting excuses in early doe as you CLEARLY would've rather the fight not happened as evidenced by u crying your idol was aged by a few mos,your a disgrace to boxing fans with the fallacies u leak out your ass.
                      Its not canelos fault bbb is old af & fought NOBODY til jacobs,its not canelos fault that bbb CLEARLY is a hypocrit hypejob whos yet to face a single non vacant undefended champ, or that the 1st blevel opponent hes fought whooped him. Ggg has been chasing a jmw whos 5'9 & a 2 yrs retired ww whos 5'9(mayweather),but held a press conference saying hes ducking jacobs 4 life,& wont defend his paper belts if he wins now that mw isn't as bum filled. Funny how gggs career is being defined by a jmw hes fighting at 35,& stop with this nonsense claiming canelos a smw,as that would mean ggg is a true lhw.
                      Again, I'll enjoy hearing your excuses or better yet your silence after your boy gets defeated.

Comment

Working...
                      X