Collapse
No announcement yet.

David Benavidez needs to join the World Boxing Super Series

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He probably does well but loses in a semi-final. Still, it would be good exposure for him. And an opportunity to solidify his resume. He has a crowd-pleasing style so losing at this stage wouldn't hurt him badly.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Groves, Cox & Skoglund iirc.
      Benavidez is way too green... he doesn't need a tournament at this stage...

Comment

Hes a monster. If he enters others will drop out.

Comment

Any German speakers? Think this says Braehmers in at 168, and the winner of Abraham/Eubank Jr

http://m.bild.de/sport/mehr-sport/ju...ildMobile.html

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            Benavidez is way too green... he doesn't need a tournament at this stage...
            He just beat Porky Medina who arguable should've gotten the decision over James DeGale. This tournament isn't THAT above Porky Medina.

I know some UK cats love them some Groves, but Groves isn't THAT good. Hell I'd probably pick Benavidez to beat Groves as of today if that got made with or without the WBSS being involved.

And Groves is the best guy in this tournament right now & could end up being the best guy in it when its all said & done the way things are looking. So this 168lb tournament isn't looking like it'll be like the 200lb tournament. And with the money involved + the beatable of the 3 guys in the tournament so far for Benavidez + the lack of big names/threatening guys to likely be among the other 5 makes this a seemingly easy tournament to jump into to me.

I mean if I was on Benavidez's team I wouldn't commit with 5 guys to go cuz if things start looking tip top the juice might not be worth the squeeze, but if we are 6 guys in & Groves is still the number 1 seed I think you for sure enter Benavidez.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
              Any German speakers? Think this says Braehmers in at 168, and the winner of Abraham/Eubank Jr

http://m.bild.de/sport/mehr-sport/ju...ildMobile.html
              Keeps saying I got an adblocker on when I try to pull it up to use google translate on it.

Braehmer seems a likely suspect to be in. I'd be surprised if the winner of Abraham vs Eubank Jr is in. I wouldn't be surprised if Abraham is in win or lose. But I guess maybe if anyone can deal with Eubank Sr it might be Richard Schaefer I just don't know that I'd bet on that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                Hes a monster. If he enters others will drop out.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                  He just beat Porky Medina who arguable should've gotten the decision over James DeGale. This tournament isn't THAT above Porky Medina.

I know some UK cats love them some Groves, but Groves isn't THAT good. Hell I'd probably pick Benavidez to beat Groves as of today if that got made with or without the WBSS being involved.

And Groves is the best guy in this tournament right now & could end up being the best guy in it when its all said & done the way things are looking. So this 168lb tournament isn't looking like it'll be like the 200lb tournament. And with the money involved + the beatable of the 3 guys in the tournament so far for Benavidez + the lack of big names/threatening guys to likely be among the other 5 makes this a seemingly easy tournament to jump into to me.

I mean if I was on Benavidez's team I wouldn't commit with 5 guys to go cuz if things start looking tip top the juice might not be worth the squeeze, but if we are 6 guys in & Groves is still the number 1 seed I think you for sure enter Benavidez.
                  OK, OK... But a tournament is a tricky business... and we don't know anything about Schaefer in this new position...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                    OK, OK... But a tournament is a tricky business... and we don't know anything about Schaefer in this new position...
                    How so do you mean a tournament is tricky business?

And what do you mean about Schaefer in his position here in regards to Benavidez?

Comment

Working...
                    X