No announcement yet.

Broner says he may go back down to 135.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
    It was not until he moved up to 147 that his limitations became clear.
    And what's wrong with that? He clearly shouldn't be fighting at 147 to begin with because his body isn't built for that division.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... OK... But, tbh, Broner can't make 140, in a healthy manner, in less than one year from now...
      Sorry, but you're wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        LMMFAO! He couldn't make 135 if his life depended on it!
        That's what you think...

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
          Doubt he could make it. Guess he figured out he was only successful when he was a weight bully.
          The rules are the same for Broner as for every other boxer. If he weighs in at 135 then he is a lightweight and has bullied nobody. Why should he handicap himself by fighting at a heavier weight than he has to? The current rule of weighing in 32 hours before the fight may be a bad rule but that doesn't make boxers who follow that rule bullies. Broner can only be effective if 135 is a proper weight for him. If he is too big for the weight then he will drain himself. There is no such thing as a weight bully. That implies that the so called weight bully is somehow cheating and breaking the rules and they aren't cheating at all. They are following the rules and have done nothing wrong. Maybe Broner made a mistake leaving 135 and would be more successful fighting at that weight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
            The rules are the same for Broner as for every other boxer. If he weighs in at 135 then he is a lightweight and has bullied nobody. Why should he handicap himself by fighting at a heavier weight than he has to? The current rule of weighing in 32 hours before the fight may be a bad rule but that doesn't make boxers who follow that rule bullies. Broner can only be effective if 135 is a proper weight for him. If he is too big for the weight then he will drain himself. There is no such thing as a weight bully. That implies that the so called weight bully is somehow cheating and breaking the rules and they aren't cheating at all. They are following the rules and have done nothing wrong. Maybe Broner made a mistake leaving 135 and would be more successful fighting at that weight.
            He killed his body making 130 rehydrating a ton of weight against midgets because he was young and able to. Once he moved up and started fighting people his own size he looked average at best. A split decision against a shot Paulie who wasn't even that great in his prime is proof of this. You gonna argue with me and tell me Paulie was bigger than him? He didn't lose to Maidana because of size, he lost because he had holes in his defense opponents couldn't punish at 130 because they were too small and couldn't hurt him. Paulie also said he couldn't punch for **** which is further shown by his record at 140/147.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
              Well said and I couldn't agree more. I've been saying the same exact thing for a long time. All it takes is a bit of logical thinking, which unfortunately is in short supply on this forum. I'd green K you but I've gotta "spread it around" first.

Comment

Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                He didn't lose to Maidana because of size, he lost because he had holes in his defense opponents couldn't punish at 130 because they were too small and couldn't hurt him.
                This is complete BS and you know it.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                  And what's wrong with that? He clearly shouldn't be fighting at 147 to begin with because his body isn't built for that division.
                  His body can perform at 147 with no problem at all.

He is not a small WW.

He just can't handle pressure fighters that bring some power.

He is gun shy, that had nothing to do with weight.

Comment

Originally posted by HitmanTommy View Post
                    That's what you think...
                    That's what I know. If he could make the weight, he would. He won't ever again. Mark my words.

Comment

he can't make 135 no more. and down there loma is king and would school him

Comment

Working...
                      X