No announcement yet.

The issue here is 10-8 scoring not judging

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
    I've lost bets here on Kovalev Ward, ggg Canelo 2 and now this.

Although the Mexican judge was poor, I do not hate on the draw as he had to give a 10 8 round twice. Si 2 more rounds and its a draw. The issue here is that a lot of 10 8 rounds should be 10 9.

Take round 9in this fight and take Round 5 in Joshua Klitscko. Both rounds were 10 9 as the fighters that got knocked down actually dominate the round.

Should they look into knockdown scoring alot more and stop giving 10 8 like confetti.

Thoughts
    It is not the main issue, because the Mexican judge did not score the fight 114-114. He already had Wilder up going into the final KD, based on a three point lead on his final card. The guy was scroing for Wilder ,regardless of what was happening.

Yes 10-8 may not always be representative of a round but it is not THE issue in this fight.

Comment

Stop trying to reinvent the wheel a knock down is scored 10-8 end of discussion. Best thing for a fighter to do is leave it out of the judges hands.

Comment

Originally posted by slimshandy69 View Post
        I've lost bets here on Kovalev Ward, ggg Canelo 2 and now this.

Although the Mexican judge was poor, I do not hate on the draw as he had to give a 10 8 round twice. Si 2 more rounds and its a draw. The issue here is that a lot of 10 8 rounds should be 10 9.

Take round 9in this fight and take Round 5 in Joshua Klitscko. Both rounds were 10 9 as the fighters that got knocked down actually dominate the round.

Should they look into knockdown scoring alot more and stop giving 10 8 like confetti.

Thoughts
        Do you think fury won either of the rounds he got dropped in? I don’t think I did.

Comment

The unofficial scorers sometimes will just do a 9-9 round. I'd say that's fair

Comment

Originally posted by earl-hickey View Post
            the issue is the 10 point must system

round 9 should have been 9-8 Wilder not 10-8
            WTF?
            How does that even make sense ?

Comment

The problem would be if fighters started taking knees when things got tough, knowing they could bounce back up and probably only lose the round 10-9 instead of 10-8. But that's a small thing and judges could work through it. Certainly the first knockdown last night doesn't justify losing a round by 2 points when you won 80% of it.

Comment

Originally posted by OCPancho View Post
                WTF?
                How does that even make sense ?
                - Boxers essentially begin the round at 10-10 - they don't gain extra points for success, they lose points for failure
                - Without the knockdown, Wilder comfortably loses the round 10-9
                - Fury loses 2 points for being knocked down, thus ending it with 8 points
                - However, Fury dominated the rest of the round
                - Therefore, it's 9-8 to Wilder

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but I think that's the logic. I think it might be a fairer way of scoring rounds with flash knockdowns.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
                  Do you think fury won either of the rounds he got dropped in? I don’t think I did.
                  Its not that he lost them, its the fact he lost them by 2 rounds. Wilder got out boxed for 90 percent of round 9?so why is it 10 8?

Comment

Where did the scoring system originate from ? Why is it scored from a scale of 1-10 ? And not say 1pt for winning a round, 2pts for a KD.

Comment

Originally posted by Enzo Mc is **** View Post
                      - Boxers essentially begin the round at 10-10 - they don't gain extra points for success, they lose points for failure
                      - Without the knockdown, Wilder comfortably loses the round 10-9
                      - Fury loses 2 points for being knocked down, thus ending it with 8 points
                      - However, Fury dominated the rest of the round
                      - Therefore, it's 9-8 to Wilder

I'm not saying it's right or wrong but I think that's the logic. I think it might be a fairer way of scoring rounds with flash knockdowns.
                      Still wrong!
                      By reading the total scores, you can tell what happened by adding the point deductions from 120 total points.
                      10-9 would do in that situation.

Comment

Working...
                      X