Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What if a black guy were to play Tony Montana in the new Scarface movie?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    you are really trying hard to make a point that makes 0 sense..white people have played other races for decades so it would make no difference
    So C Hemsworth as Shaft gets you seal of approval ?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
      Yun Chow Fat plays Malcolm X....how many tickets are you buying ?
      Fukin guy lmfao

Comment

Shaft is a BLAXPLOITATION film and his race is an essential part of the plot.

Tony Montana was a Cuban who was played by an Italian. Doesn't seem to be a good fit for the agenda to me.

Put it this way.

If they had originally cast a dark skin dude to play Tony Montana, the movie would have been the same.

If they had originally cast a white dude to play Shaft, the movie would been COMPLETELY DIFFERENT.
        Last edited by travestyny; 07-13-2019, 10:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jsmith_tsu View Post
          I believe thread starter realized the irony on the thread, it's obvious within the ranks of white supremacy(not all white), there are alot of dumb fuks. Wow.

You fools done even know the consequences of you forefathers sins. You helped create a diaspora. All that Latin/Carribean culture has Africa written all over it. Natural for Scarface to be black. Just not so called American.
          Exactly... they got a lion’s share in creating a dragon they can’t slay or Pacify with words.

When England and France had to make good on promises
          to Jews and Muslims in the levant, as both Jews and Arab Muslims needed to keep the ottoman Turks in check, and neutralize them, they promised the same land to two peoples.. then walked away...

The Brits did it when they decided the borders between Hindustan, and the newly formed Pakistan.

We got serious idiots on this site..

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
            Fukin guy lmfao
            Seems there are rules for when a non black steps into a black role ........

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              Shaft is a BLAXPLOITATION film and his race is an essential part of the plot.

Tony Montana was a Cuban who was played by an Italian. Doesn't seem to be a good fit for the agenda to me.
              BINGO..... al Pacino can’t speak Spanish or Italian... if you can speak Spanish, Italian is easy, except for a few regional variations..

Hannibal spoke, Hebrew, Aramaic, proto Latin, and Germanic.... not. bad for a white man(LMAO) from Carthage.

Comment

John Shaft/Creator Ernest Tidyman

Word to the mother

Comment

Originally posted by Zaroku View Post
                  BINGO..... al Pacino can’t speak Spanish or Italian... if you can speak Spanish, Italian is easy, except for a few regional variations..

Hannibal spoke, Hebrew, Aramaic, proto Latin, and Germanic.... not. bad for a white man(LMAO) from Carthage.

I'm not an expert on accents and my cruise to Cuba was canceled because Trump decided to be an ass and disallow trips to Cuba again.....but everyone whom I've watched that movie with said Pacino's accent was TERRIBLE.

I'm not sure if I was just watching it with people who were know it alls or if it was just a "cool thing to do" to claim his accent was terrible....but for some reason I think you'd know enough. lol. You'd be the first person here whose advice I would take about it.

So how was Pacino's Cuban accent? Good or bad?

Comment

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post

John Shaft/Creator Ernest Tidyman

Word to the mother
                    Pretty sure we all knew a white dude created Shaft. Now ask him if an essential element to the story was Shaft being black. lol

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      I'm not an expert on accents and my cruise to Cuba was canceled because Trump decided to be an ass and disallow trips to Cuba again.....but everyone whom I've watched that movie with said Pacino's accent was TERRIBLE.

I'm not sure if I was just watching it with people who were know it alls or if it was just a "cool thing to do" to claim his accent was terrible....but for some reason I think you'd know enough. lol. You'd be the first person here whose advice I would take about it.

So how was Pacino's Cuban accent? Good or bad?
                      Garbage... chit...my Italian homie in Colombia’s says his Italian in the God father was even worse than De Niro’s

Comment

Working...
                      X