Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

weird stuff that helps you transition to southpaw, feel free to add.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird stuff that helps you transition to southpaw, feel free to add.

for me, i run a pressure washing business on the side, so i stand like a southpaw while im pressure washing, or weedeating also. it adds coordination and power. I'm desperately looking for tips to help me advance that side of my body's coordination. Just pulled the trigger on some left handed golf drivers. Wiping my arse with the left hand as well. any tips appreciated. im up against time, versatility is how i can make up for my size against the giants.

I had a coach that used to film us doing our natural stance and then have us practice in the alternate stance , then we would see what we were doing incorrectly in our form and adjust. This in the time of VHS and it was tedious , now you can just set up your phone and go.

In the long run it will take some time to get coordinated and comfortable, if you are sparing and want to switch I would say it is risky, when you learn to fight in one stance you also learn to absorb and defend in that orientation, if you switch you may take a bigger impact than you would have in you natural stance.
    Be careful and if you're fighting big guys (giants) I hope they don't weight significantly more than you... Good luck to you

Comment

Originally posted by EDD1 View Post
      I had a coach that used to film us doing our natural stance and then have us practice in the alternate stance , then we would see what we were doing incorrectly in our form and adjust. This in the time of VHS and it was tedious , now you can just set up your phone and go.

In the long run it will take some time to get coordinated and comfortable, if you are sparing and want to switch I would say it is risky, when you learn to fight in one stance you also learn to absorb and defend in that orientation, if you switch you may take a bigger impact than you would have in you natural stance.
      Be careful and if you're fighting big guys (giants) I hope they don't weight significantly more than you... Good luck to you
      Big ups once more EDD1, that makes all the sense in the world, film and repetition. Muchos gracias and yes, I've seen so many pros in even light light weight classes switch and then get nailed, then switch back to the style they're more used to absorbing punishment in.
      Last edited by Warrior Scholar; 07-10-2019, 09:37 PM.

Comment

I’m southpaw, when I vacuum I give that jabbing motion as I push the vacuum back and forth. When I’m wiping tables I go towards my right (round tables).

Comment

Working...
        X