Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd Bounces Back From First Loss, Decisions Santana

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
    Who do you have in a Rosario vs Hurd fight?
    Rosario really impressed me. To me, his win against J-Rock was more about his boxing abilities (especially the counter punching) than his size.
    Man, that's a tough one. It would be easier for me to give an answer if I saw Rosario and Hurd fight one more time; I saw Banana fight before JRock and he looked good but he looked like his best self against JRock.

Hurd's last two fights haven't put him in the best light. He let the success and hometown fight make him complacent for the JRock fight and then he had a glorified sparring session with Chia.

I'm curious what kind of style Swift settles on. If he keeps the pressure approach with some added defensive wrinkles than I think he will do well. I'm also curious to see how Rosario handles success and how much of his win was because of JRock was unprepared for the hometown fight and the adversity of that cut.

I normally pick power punchers over pressure fighters but something tells me that Hurd would have alot of success if he could survive the early power of Rosario. We know Hurd has a motor on him and, like Banana, is big for the division. How would he handle the later rounds in a close quarters war?

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
      Man, that's a tough one. It would be easier for me to give an answer if I saw Rosario and Hurd fight one more time; I saw Banana fight before JRock and he looked good but he looked like his best self against JRock.

Hurd's last two fights haven't put him in the best light. He let the success and hometown fight make him complacent for the JRock fight and then he had a glorified sparring session with Chia.

I'm curious what kind of style Swift settles on. If he keeps the pressure approach with some added defensive wrinkles than I think he will do well. I'm also curious to see how Rosario handles success and how much of his win was because of JRock was unprepared for the hometown fight and the adversity of that cut.

I normally pick power punchers over pressure fighters but something tells me that Hurd would have alot of success if he could survive the early power of Rosario. We know Hurd has a motor on him and, like Banana, is big for the division. How would he handle the later rounds in a close quarters war?
      Good analysis! I'm pretty sure the oddsmakers will be asking themselves all these questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
        Good analysis! I'm pretty sure the oddsmakers will be asking themselves all these questions.
        Hahaha! No doubt. I say all that and I'm probably dead wrong. I'm wrong about the same amount as I am right when it comes to breaking this stuff down!

Comment

Working...
        X