No announcement yet.

Danny Garcia vs. Jessie Vargas.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Danny Garcia vs. Jessie Vargas.

Garcia could fight Vargas if his fight with Thurman doesn't happen. Vargas is at least a top 10 fighter.

Who would win?

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Garcia could fight Vargas if his fight with Thurman doesn't happen.
    Vargas is now very very high in the IBF rankings. So it seems with Thurman having turned him down, Haymon is grooming Vargas as an opponent for Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      Vargas is now very very high in the IBF rankings. So it seems with Thurman having turned him down, Haymon is grooming Vargas as an opponent for Spence.
      Somehow I don't see Vargas agreeing to fight Spence.

Spence is a giant for the division. I think people know its not going to be too long before Spence moves to 154.

I think Thurman is waiting him out.

Comment

Garcia's next fight will be next year.
        Mark my word.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          Garcia's next fight will be next year.
          Mark my word.
          I think he fights Porter some time soon

Comment

Garcia would win in my opinion. He is a more skilled boxer and a harder puncher.Rios was a cherry pick but the way Garcia ended the fight was impressive.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
              Hopefully......

Comment

Originally posted by Blender View Post
                What choice will he have? If Thurman won't fight him, Spence becomes Vargas' only way to get a big payday.

Spence is a giant for the division. I think people know its not going to be too long before Spence moves to 154.

No that's not the case at all. Keith wants that Spence fight. He knows that's his biggest payday. But Keith wants to make sure he's healthy and he wants to give the fight time to become as big as possible. Haymon knows exactly what he's doing. Thurman vs. Spence is a much much bigger fight a year from now than it is right now. Those two are destined to fight if they both keep winning.

Haymon usually matches his top fighters, he just takes his time. Thurman fought Porter, just not as soon as boxingscene fans would have preferred. Thurman fought Garcia, just not as soon as boxingscene fans would have preferred. Thurman will fight Spence if both remain undefeated, just not as soon as boxingscene fans would have preferred.

Comment

I think it's Garcia-Spence by the end of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Blender View Post

I hope Spence stays at 147 for many years and scores many KOs over those brave enough to fight him.

Comment

Working...
                    X