Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else feel bad for Bradley?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feel bad for Bradley? He'll be getting his fourth palatial home after this fight. His wife will be swimming in US dollars.

Besides, Arum had to make his most convincing pitch to make Bradley accept the fight. Meaning, Bradley will be getting the kind of money he wants in this fight. Take it or leave it. Where else can you get this kind of negotiating power?

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
      I know he's a competitor, you can see it in his fights. I'm sure he wants to be mentioned in the welterweight talks right now. He needs to get in some of this PBC action. He's doing rematches, Jessie Vargas's and Brandon Rios over there. He puts on a smile at TR, but I know it's got to be killing him inside to know he can't fight none of these killers. With Bradley over there, they could have a welterweight tournament going on right now.
      I don't think he cares honestly. If the fights could be made, I'd favor him over anyone that PBC has at 147, even Thurman. So, it's not really a matter of could he beat them for me. If it's not really going to come down to being able to say you are the best because you beat them all, then it is going to come down to money. Bradley is GETTING PAID over at TR, don't care what anyone tries to say or how they try to spin something. Dude is investing like a champ in his own future. I think he has like 3 or 4 businesses at this point, his own gym, also has a ton of rental properties.

I'd imagine that he could care less about those other guys unless they are his last resort or whatever. Currently, he is already clearing at least 1.5-2M per fight no matter who his opponent is and he doesn't have a manager fee to pay either. Because of his wise investments, he is getting paid all year round whether he fights or doesn't fight.

Comment

no he is a good boxer but he ducked khan and has around 8 fans including his boss manager wife
        he barely sold 1k tickets at home vs provo

Comment

Bradley signed with TR to fight the biggest money fight with PAC.
          He's gonna get three fights with PAC. Who did he miss out on because in this same period DSG, Thurman, and Porter were not stars. It's still debatable what their real star power is since Haymon is overpaying them with Investors money.

Comment

His last three fights were Chaves, Vargas, and Rios. And his purses were $2m, $1.5m, and $1.9m. Just before that he easily cleared $10m for the JMM and Pacquiao fights. He has done well for himself.

Comment

I did feel bad for Bradley. Until he said the line (in response to a question about him not getting the credit he deserves as a fighter):

"I don't need credit when I got cash."

Tim Bradley finally gets it. He understands "the game".

Look at every fighter who plays to the crowd: Crawford (accused of ducking), Wilder (accused of cherry picking), Guerrero (called flat footed and sloppy). Bradley beats Pac, he gets threats and considers suicide. Loses the rematch, he gets respect. It's silly. There's no point.

Tyson Fury before beating Klitschko = GOAT!

Tyson Fury after beating Klitschko = "yeah, but Wlad had a lot on his mind and he wasn't in that fight and Wlad beats him in the rematch, why's Fury up there singing doe, why's he acting a fool in front of Wilder, Wilder beats him", etc.

Nope, I don't feel bad for Bradley at all, because hearing him talk, he's stopped trying to be the hero to all fans and is now focused on his legacy. To me he's easily up there in the P4P even if Manny somehow beats him because Manny will be the only one that does in my opinion. Bradley's going be alright in life and as a long-time fan I'm happy for him.

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
                no he is a good boxer but he ducked khan and has around 8 fans including his boss manager wife
                he barely sold 1k tickets at home vs provo
                Sure........

http://www.boxingscene.com/ibf-confirms-khan-turned-down-bradley-title-eliminator--89396

Comment

I feel bad the PBC guys can't fight Bradley, not the other way around.

Comment

Bradley-Canelo at 155 would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by The_Sandman View Post
                      I know he's a competitor, you can see it in his fights. I'm sure he wants to be mentioned in the welterweight talks right now. He needs to get in some of this PBC action. He's doing rematches, Jessie Vargas's and Brandon Rios over there. He puts on a smile at TR, but I know it's got to be killing him inside to know he can't fight none of these killers. With Bradley over there, they could have a welterweight tournament going on right now.
                      He's about to make another 6-8 million fighting paq again. I'm sure he's not caring about anything else.

Comment

Working...
                      X