Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a better joke. Who clinches more, Bradley or Marquez!? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
      so you'd have no issue with floyd rematching the marquez that bradley fought?
      Well who wants to see a rematch to a boring fight? Marquez lost to Bradley because of the same reasons he lost to Mayweather. He has slow feet, short arms, has a squared up stance that is very vulnerable to a jab and move strategy....And then add the fact that Floyd is 2 inches taller with a 5 inch reach advantage and that strategy becomes even easier. Still wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't a rematch. Floyd missed the boat on an easy career enhancing win by fighting Marquez before he proved anything at the weight and cheating him on the scales to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
        Well who wants to see a rematch to a boring fight? Marquez lost to Bradley because of the same reasons he lost to Mayweather. He has slow feet, short arms, has a squared up stance that is very vulnerable to a jab and move strategy....And then add the fact that Floyd is 2 inches taller with a 5 inch reach advantage and that strategy becomes even easier. Still wouldn't have a problem if it wasn't a rematch. Floyd missed the boat on an easy career enhancing win by fighting Marquez before he proved anything at the weight and cheating him on the scales to boot.
        wah wah wah "2 inch height advangtage doe" "5 inch reach advantage doe" foh with that bs....as if floyd hasn't fought with physical disdvantages in his career....i also love how you left out the fact that floyd was coming off a two year layoff and faced a younger version of marquez.....fact there is no version of marquez that beats floyd....not the one that bradley fought and not even the one that beat the piss outta poochiao.....marquez would tell you that himself.

Comment

Meh

Split decision victory against an old dude that really only looked good at WW against pacquiao

JMM also outlanded him in power punches lol

If I'm not mistaken, Teddy Atlas scored the fight 7-5 for Bradley

http://youtube.com/watch?v=zkHqyd6VZS8

So no, not that great.
          Last edited by ramses07; 12-29-2015, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
            wah wah wah "2 inch height advangtage doe" "5 inch reach advantage doe" foh with that bs....as if floyd hasn't fought with physical disdvantages in his career....i also love how you left out the fact that floyd was coming off a two year layoff and faced a younger version of marquez.....fact there is no version of marquez that beats floyd....not the one that bradley fought and not even the one that beat the piss outta poochiao.....marquez would tell you that himself.
            wah wah wah give floyd credit doe......

My first response was in part to trigger Larry's real reason to make this thread, and seems it triggered this f1omo too.

You guys are too predictable.

And after you re-read my reply, you'll notice I did say Floyd would've exploited all of Marquez's flaws even easier than Bradley did against a well built Marquez, and yes, his physical advantage is a factor.

Timing is everything, Mayweather fought him at a time no sane person would give him credit for and cheat the weight on top. A rematch wouldn't have given him credit either. A shame for him instead of fighting an easy match up like Marquez at the right time, he chated him and made him go up two weight classes. That's just how it is.

Comment

Originally posted by -Hyperion- View Post
              wah wah wah give floyd credit doe......

My first response was in part to trigger Larry's real reason to make this thread, and seems it triggered this f1omo too.

You guys are too predictable.

And after you re-read my reply, you'll notice I did say Floyd would've exploited all of Marquez's flaws even easier than Bradley did against a well built Marquez, and yes, his physical advantage is a factor.

Timing is everything, Mayweather fought him at a time no sane person would give him credit for and cheat the weight on top. A rematch wouldn't have given him credit either. A shame for him instead of fighting an easy match up like Marquez at the right time, he chated him and made him go up two weight classes. That's just how it is.
              His motives was to expose people like yourself and it worked. Excuse after excuse is all I hear. Weight acclamation, reach advantages, etc all bullcrap excuses. Floyd beat him with skill alone because it wasn't like he bullied Marquez around the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                How could it not be? Tim boxed very disciplined in there that night. But I don't know if he would've won a rematch; very close fight.
                Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                Definitely a good win.

But I thought it could have gone either way myself.
                I completely agree, not sure why people act like Marquez was schooled, really close fight.

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  Post and discuss
                  It's a good win, but Marquez doesn't belong in that weight, he just moves up for the money, gives up too many advantages.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
                    I completely agree, not sure why people act like Marquez was schooled, really close fight.
                    I scored it 8-4/7-5ish, but thought Bradley was the clear winner. Nobody got schooled there.

Comment

I'll go with the rest and say yes. Marquez had just knocked out Manny Pacquiao and then Bradley comes along after his robbery win over Pac and beats Marquez decisively if you watch the fight.

He needed this type of win to bounce back, and it was during a great time over a fighter in the limelight in Marquez. However you could say he was obliged to rematch Pacquiao and took a hard fought but decisive loss.

I think the bad showing against Diego Chaves brought him back down. Hopefully Atlas can keep Bradley going. He's a tough competitor, the type to end Robert Guerrero's career.

Comment

Working...
                      X