No announcement yet.

Top 10 UK Prospects

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Am I the only one not high on Yarde?

It really seems that they will go for the path of least resistance despite him barely taking a punch in anger in his career - with their 'timing is everything' patter. I know he doesn't have a lot of experience with a short amateur career but he calls out Frank Buglioni and refuses to fight a final eliminator against Hosea Burton.

We all know Hosea Burton is good. They clearly don't want it. I like Frank but Hosea is a better fighter imo.

And if this swerving is happening at British level it makes you wonder how interesting his career is actually going to be.

Good luck to him but I don't think he's going to be a bit frustrating. Like his team would have been in their element in the early 00's with a 35 fight unbeaten record and a WBU reign of terror.

They can do that if they want but as a fan I'd rather fighters of less talent got more wedge for putting it on the line.

Hope Yarde proves me wrong because he looks the part.

Comment

Originally posted by White Willie View Post
      01.) Daniel Dubois, 6-0 (6 KO)
      02.) Anthony Yarde, 14-0 (13 KO)
      03.) Jack Catterall, 19-0 (10 KO)
      04.) Ted Cheeseman, 13-0 (8 KO)
      05.) Josh Kelly, 5-0 (4 KO)
      06.) Leon Woodstock, 10-0 (5 KO)
      07.) Lawrence Okolie, 8-0 (6 KO)
      08.) Lewis Ritson, 13-0 (7 KO)
      09.) Zach Parker, 14-0 (10 KO)
      10.) Joe Joyce, 1-0 (1 KO)
      Updated me personal list. Isaac Chamberlain dropped out, Lewis Ritson dropped one place, and Lawrence Okolie enters at number seven.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
        Am I the only one not high on Yarde?
        I wasn't high on Yarde until his most recent fight. In reality he smashed a Euro level opponent with no resistance. Yarde is just a beast. It remains to be seen if he can take a punch, or what happens when someone can take his. He just has supreme strength and good power. It will do for a lot of people on the way to World level. A young David Haye was very similar.

Comment

I wasn't high on Yarde until his most recent fight. In reality he smashed a Euro level opponent with no resistance. Yarde is just a beast. It remains to be seen if he can take a punch, or what happens when someone can take his. He just has supreme strength and good power. It will do for a lot of people on the way to World level. A young David Haye was very similar.
          Yeah that was a nice enough win but I dunno why if I'm just down on him now thinking his opponent was undersized.

It is just the ducking of Burton that's really put me off

Comment

It is just the ducking of Burton that's really put me off
            The thing that puts me off is Yarde's small head. Some genius posted a thread a few months back about there being a positive correlation between small heads and bad chins.

Comment

The thing that puts me off is Yarde's small head. Some genius posted a thread a few months back about there being a positive correlation between small heads and bad chins.
              Sort of makes sense.

The cranium has no give in it. You want more space for the brain to rattle around in.

I always look at legs and necks. Because I've been chatting about Burton he does just seem that sort of build that can be knocked out. Thin legs, long neck, I think he's even got a small head.

That said I am always surprised that big fights hardly ever land in a KO. Goes to show how much quality the combatants have at that level.

Comment

Sort of makes sense.

The cranium has no give in it. You want more space for the brain to rattle around in.

I always look at legs and necks. Because I've been chatting about Burton he does just seem that sort of build that can be knocked out. Thin legs, long neck, I think he's even got a small head.

That said I am always surprised that big fights hardly ever land in a KO. Goes to show how much quality the combatants have at that level.
                Yea. In my honest opinion, Yarde runs through Burton and Buglioni. But it is weird how Warren doesn't seem keen to take the Burton fight. Made perfect sense, they'd have forced their way into the mandatory position last summer if they'd took the fight.

Comment

Rios and Angulo have big heads, so makes sense.

Comment

Josh Kelly and Zelfa Barrett will be the picks of the bunch.

I'm still not convinced a lot of the guys on these lists will be all they claim to be.

Comment

useful post

Comment

Working...
                      X