Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia: I'd rather fight Spence than Lomachenko!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Summilux View Post
    Pretty soon he will challenge an African male lion and Siberian Tiger.
    He tamed Broner didn't he ?

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I guess he would rather get knocked out than get outpointed. That's a strange choice. I am sure he thinks he would win both fights because he is a confident fighter. I would favor Loma to beat him but he might win that fight. I give him no chance to beat Spence who is much too big and hits too hard for natural lightweight Mikey to survive.
      Theres gotta be some psychological **** that goes with Lomachenko. Guys like Walters and Rigondeaux convinced they're the best and then someone completely embarrases them, sends them into hiding. At least with Spence you can say hes too strong or you let your concentration down when you got ko'd.

Comment

So he'd rather get KTFO than humiliated over 12 rounds. Ok. He could have had Cotto and Linares by now but didn't want to sign a three-fight deal with GBP. In hindsight it was probably a good move because I didn't see Mikey beating Cotto. If he's serious about 135, he may as well cash in on Easter and snatch that belt, I see that as an easy win for Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by Summilux View Post
          Pretty soon he will challenge an African male lion and Siberian Tiger.

Comment

He can always fall back on the "i was too small" excuse if Spence whooped him and he'll get a pass because it's true.

He knows he has little excuse for when Loma beats him.

Comment

Why are people complaining?
              Thats a hell of a fight, and if he wins which he wont he'll go down as one of the best of his generation

Comment

Mikey sounding like Amir Khan smh

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  So he'd rather get KTFO than humiliated over 12 rounds. Ok. He could have had Cotto and Linares by now but didn't want to sign a three-fight deal with GBP. In hindsight it was probably a good move because I didn't see Mikey beating Cotto. If he's serious about 135, he may as well cash in on Easter and snatch that belt, I see that as an easy win for Mikey.
                  Linares didn't come with a 3 fight deal. A one off deal. He should have swallowed his pride and taken that one. It would have been his best win by far.

Comment

Sure, as far as hypothetical victories are concerned, go with the one against the bigger scarier guy.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                      I guess he would rather get knocked out than get outpointed. That's a strange choice. I am sure he thinks he would win both fights because he is a confident fighter. I would favor Loma to beat him but he might win that fight. I give him no chance to beat Spence who is much too big and hits too hard for natural lightweight Mikey to survive.
                      If he loses to a smaller guy, it looks bad. If he loses to spence, he can use the excuse well I wasn't a natural ww. Same thing brooke did when he fought ggg.

Comment

Working...
                      X