No announcement yet.

DEBATE: Jimmy Deforest's Quotation Regarding Dempsey's Hand Wraps

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
    Why are you asking me this here? You're hijacking the thread. Why don't you ask me this somewhere more appropriate? If you want to continue this conversation, do it somewhere else.

But to answer your question, my favorite active fighter is Lomachenko. Don't necessarily think he beats everyone that he has been preliminarily matched up with, but I like his style and skill set.
    Cmon man, you know it’s Broner. Admit it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lomadeaux View Post
      You're a moron. I would just block you, but I enjoy you consistently embarrassing yourself.

Don't expect another response from me here unless you have something to say that is on topic. Thanks.

Comment

The guy who hijacked the Jack Johnson thread and every other thread he is a part of is crying about hijacking his thread! You can't make this up!

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          The guy who hijacked the Jack Johnson thread and every other thread he is a part of is crying about hijacking his thread! You can't make this up!
          Omg you are alive? So you could find this thread after all??? Lmao.

Don’t forget, you brought up Dempsey in that thread, not me.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Lol... I think it is actually Broner.

Comment

Lol... I think it is actually Broner.
              Any comments about Dempsey and his hand wraps?

Maybe you want to take your father, GhostofDempsey's place in the debate that he was too afraid to participate in Perhaps he just needed you to hold his hand to even enter this thread.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                Not said anyone lied, merely the fact that various sports writers over the years have confused the issue with a lot of conjecture

As already agreed the tape was declared legal at the time, and yes, referring back to my opening sentence,
                I also had become a little confused

So fair play for digging up all the info, it's been very helpful
                Though being from an engineering background, am still curious as to what the hardening adhesive consisted of The tape I used on my bike as a kid was very similar to electrical insulating tape, pliable as well as sticky.
                Don't know if it hardened in a glove or not, but I am aware that electrical tape does if it's used anywhere near an oven or a boiler, as do all adhesives in a warm environment. Knew we'd get there in the end, many thanks for the education
                The other problem with the tape is that there does not appear to be such a tape. As has been pointed out many times... There appear some distinct tapes that make an appearance and can be traced to being for sale, via the SEar's catalogue which had the most complete assortment of hardware goods, tapes, etc.

One tape is a tape that stays supple, the other tape was called bike tape and it was electrical cloth electric tape. I know of this because the name was a slang, it was used for stickball bats, perhas for wrapping hands... It was used when Knob and Tube wiring was present particularly.

For Dempsey to have a tape of this type we have to find a tape that exists. As I have told a troll called travesty, I have no doubt Dempsey, like other fighters of the time, had wrappings of one sort or another. But given the conjecture over the years, and what we know of substance, we cannot know what exactly was used.

I might do a thread on wrappings actually.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
                  The other problem with the tape is that there does not appear to be such a tape. As has been pointed out many times... There appear some distinct tapes that make an appearance and can be traced to being for sale, via the SEar's catalogue which had the most complete assortment of hardware goods, tapes, etc.

One tape is a tape that stays supple, the other tape was called bike tape and it was electrical cloth electric tape. I know of this because the name was a slang, it was used for stickball bats, perhas for wrapping hands... It was used when Knob and Tube wiring was present particularly.

For Dempsey to have a tape of this type we have to find a tape that exists. As I have told a troll called travesty, I have no doubt Dempsey, like other fighters of the time, had wrappings of one sort or another. But given the conjecture over the years, and what we know of substance, we cannot know what exactly was used.

I’ve shown a few quotations about boxers using bicycle tape, one calling it “lethal.” That you want to keep denying this is downright delusional.

Also, that you want to label me an alt, attacking my character after refusing to step up and debate this, is a bltch move.

Are we to start the debate now or not. Also, I’m still offering the sig challenge regarding your proof that I use an alt. My statement on that is simple. I’ve never, ever had an alt here. I’m willing to let the mods check my IP address. You can show any proof you have. When you lose, you’re gonna feel very stupid.

But that trash is better left for the thunderdome. Are you going to enter the debate here or continue to pray this goes away based on your sears catalogue and blatantly ignoring the history of the use of bicycle tape in boxing? You need to give a clear answer instead of ducking and hiding.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post

Far from being the adjudicator but had more than my fair share of trolls on here and it's safe to say, travestyny defo isn't one of them

You're both decent, and equally as informative. Frustrations often arise when no one actually nails it.
                    Will catch up with your new thread when I get time

Comment

• Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
                      Far from being the adjudicator but had more than my fair share of trolls on here and it's safe to say, travestyny defo isn't one of them

You're both decent, and equally as informative. Frustrations often arise when no one actually nails it.
                      Will catch up with your new thread when I get time
                      Thanks, bro. Appreciate this! Much respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X