Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

True or False Floyd beats every fighter in 140 history?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -GDS- View Post
    He could possibly lose to Whitaker and Duran. And some others that I'm sure I'm forgetting. But overall, I'd say he's the GOAT at 140, about as close to a totally complete fighter you're ever going to find.
    how....he really didnt fight anyone very good there. gatti and corley were decent but nothing more and he struggled a lot vs corley. you have a better claim to say spence is the greatest of all time at ww. he already has a better resume than floyd did there.

Comment

Jr. Got puncked out by Chavez'z sparring partner doe... Ask Unc Roger about that life.

Comment

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
        Esteban De Jesus beat Duran and Floyd is better than him.

Floyd can beat anyone in history at 140 not saying he does for sure, its far from the realms of impossible because everyone they say can beat Mayweather all were beaten by lessor fighters than Mayweather.

FM is extremely hard to beat in a boxing match, if you cant stop him its very hard to beat him on the score cards, and I don't care if its over 20 rnds Mayweather is one of the best conditioned athletes ever he would do 15 rnds like it was nothing.
        Esteban De Jesus is one of the hardest punching, and toughest dudes ever. He actually went toe to toe with Duran to gain his respect and beat him in their first fight. Floyd doesn't fight like him, and he damn sure isn't beating a prime Duran at his absolute best.

Maidana gave him problems. Duran is Maidana on steroids, and then some. Duran would molest Castillo as well, and would be Castillo on steroids as well.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
          how....he really didnt fight anyone very good there. gatti and corley were decent but nothing more and he struggled a lot vs corley. you have a better claim to say spence is the greatest of all time at ww. he already has a better resume than floyd did there.
          Perhaps I should say Best of all time as it would be more accurate, since GOAT is based more off of accomplishments and the BOAT is more off of people evaluating your skill. Everyone "Struggles" in some fight, Corley hardly won any rounds, just caught Floyd with a few good shots here and there and made him earn his pay. Floyd's Pac win is better than Spence's Brook win, and Spence's resume is crap besides that, so I won't argue that, that's a troll level argument. But I will say that Floyd should only be the BOAT at 140 instead of the GOAT at 140 because his resume doesn't justify GOAT at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by 123tommy View Post
            He doesnt beat Duran or a lot of other guys over 15.He doesnt beat Duran over 12.
            You crazy. That's an easy win for Floyd. Pacquiao & Duran would be a great fight.

Comment

Floyd's always waited til an elite fighter was past their best, and clearly not at their fighting peak. He'll fight a guy like Hatton at his peak, but Hatton ain't really ****, and he's too small for Floyd. He literally waited years and years and years for Pacquiao, and cited drug use as an excuse, when he's the one that used banned IV's, and that's obviously a masking agent for PED use. How funny is that?

And Pacquiao still beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
                Whitaker Crawford and Pryor come closest to beating him thoe.
                As well as Benitez and Loucche.
                Forgot about Duran and Armstrong thoe.
                He is TBE period.

Comment

I think at 140 Floyd was most vulnerable. A peak Mosely, Delahoya, Cotto would of been able to exploit his lack of experience. They were all very fast at that weight but Delahoya had bizarre reach at that weight and crazy power.

Comment

Originally posted by CatchAndShoot View Post
                    Esteban De Jesus is one of the hardest punching, and toughest dudes ever. He actually went toe to toe with Duran to gain his respect and beat him in their first fight. Floyd doesn't fight like him, and he damn sure isn't beating a prime Duran at his absolute best.

Maidana gave him problems. Duran is Maidana on steroids, and then some. Duran would molest Castillo as well, and would be Castillo on steroids as well.

Didn't know floyd fought maidana @ 140. ****ing ash whole.

Comment

Duran beat Leonard at 145 and there is no way in hell Mayweather beats Leonard. Duran never fought at 140. I have to say Duran in his prime vs Mayweather at 140 it would be Duran that would win.

Comment

Working...
                      X