No announcement yet.

Macrons off shore bank account reveals tax evasion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
    My point is that the ban on reporting of this hack is consistent with pre-existing French laws going back many years which deal with what can be reported on the day before the vote.
    So in true liberal form, no freedom of the press, no free speech

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
      So in true liberal form, no freedom of the press, no free speech
      I'm not saying the law is consistent with the idea of free speech, just that it is not something the government just implemented right now to save Macron's candidacy. Right wing news media sources are making it sound that way.

The thinking behind the law is that they don't want information to be pushed out at the last second that cannot be verified in time for the election but that can influence the result.

Rough translation by Google:
      3 - Specific provisions on the day before and on election day

A few hours before the election, the legislator's concern, relayed by the regulator under the supervision of the judge, is to prevent the choice of citizens from being influenced in conditions such as to undermine the free expression of their Suffrage and the sincerity of the ballot. Thus, two restrictions, proportionate to this objective, were made to freedom of expression.

• Prohibition of election propaganda from the day before the polls
      Article 10 of the amended decree implementing the law of 6 November 1962 on the election of the President of the Republic by universal suffrage stipulates that the campaign for the election shall end on the day before the vote at 0:00. Similarly, the second paragraph of Article L. 49 of the Electoral Code stipulates that, from the day before the polls at 0:00 am (ie Friday at midnight for a poll taking place on Sundays), it is forbidden to broadcast or Disseminate by any means of communication to the public by electronic means any message having the character of electoral propaganda.

• Prohibition of the announcement of results before the closure of polling stations
      Article L. 52-2 of the Electoral Code stipulates that no election results, either partial or definitive, may be communicated to the public by any means of communication by electronic means before the closing of the last polling station in the metropolitan territory . The same applies in the overseas departments before the closing of the last polling station in each of the departments concerned.
      Source: http://www.conseil-constitutionnel.f...le.104693.html
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-06-2017, 09:27 PM.

Comment

Why did they wait until the last minute to leak this stuff though?

The timing shows theres a clear political agenda here.

Knowing that theres a political agenda at play, should we really believe the docs are real?

Comment

There is a low turnout expected

WAR LE PEN

Comment

I placed $200 on mostly prop bets on this election, and this news of low voter turnout is making me a bit nervous for those props
            Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-07-2017, 12:01 PM.

Comment

More fake news to get old white people in power

Won't work losers, you and Russians need to come with something new. Majority of the world doesn't buy your rubbish anymore

Losers

Comment

As expected, no one fell for that embarassing last minute attempt to derail Macron. I'd be willing to bet quite a bit of money that those tax evasion claims will never be substantiated and that cuckservatives will never admit they were wrong about them.

Anyway it looks like all my bets will pay out. Thank god for polls and the very many online bettors simply too dumb or too stubborn to understand them.

Vive la France!

Originally posted by BrushMyHair. View Post
                Le Pen by landslide
                Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 05-07-2017, 02:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X