Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the Purpose of Unofficial Judges?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
    Unofficial cards can sometimes be used to supplement whatever narrative the network wants pushed that fight.
    This. Top Rank's online stream had Bradley winning the first Pacquiao fight 115-113.

Comment

Originally posted by john l View Post
      Harold "whoever is moving forward"Lettermen
      x100000000

Comment

The casual fighting fan won't always know how scoring works, they are invaluable to them.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
          They give you an opinion on what they're seeing. You don't have to agree with them.
          my point exactly. unnecessary drama. I know I'm not the only one who watches a fight and when that card flashes on the screen immediately say "what the fcK!" I know I'm not alone there. and those useless worthless cards DO sway millions of viewers. just because you're not swayed doesn't mean others aren't. Lederman adds ZERO expertise. he says absolutely nothing that makes you understand the tactics and nuances of boxing. he explains his score like a drunk. "yea, Jim if it was me I'll just wack the guy!".

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
            my point exactly. unnecessary drama. I know I'm not the only one who watches a fight and when that card flashes on the screen immediately say "what the fcK!" I know I'm not alone there. and those useless worthless cards DO sway millions of viewers. just because you're not swayed doesn't mean others aren't. Lederman adds ZERO expertise. he says absolutely nothing that makes you understand the tactics and nuances of boxing. he explains his score like a drunk. "yea, Jim if it was me I'll just wack the guy!".
            Nothing different than a sideline reporter interviewing a coach between quarters or something. Just some TV bs.. and there will always be casual fans who don't know what they're watching and wanna score the fight like Harold. Whoever is coming forward automatically wins every round
            Last edited by Jsmooth9876; 03-11-2018, 07:17 AM.

Comment

The unofficial scores are only there for the network to push their agenda what ever or who ever that is.

Comment

It's pathetic & a waist of time to have Lederman & Farhood & Rafael tell you what your own eyes are seeing. There scoreing for the most part is who ever benefits there networks narrative. Lederman is the worst , and now he gives a breakdown on who the judges are and his opinions of them

Comment

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
                  Agree 100% I always know how the masses will see a fight just by how they call it esp the unofficial judge.Ledermen is crap justs gives rounds to who ever is moving forward.And this one hurts a little Steve Farhhod is a guy I grew up reading in the boxing mags in 80s and he will ALWAYS be one of my favs but his scoring on showtime sucks just as bad.And this is also sad BUT TRUE most people are sheep and esp when they think an "expert" is telling them something.I wish they would leave the scoring to Malignaggi on SHOW and just fire/retire Harold "whoever is moving forward"Ledermen.

Comment

Originally posted by clemenza View Post
                    It's pathetic & a waist of time to have Lederman & Farhood & Rafael tell you what your own eyes are seeing. There scoreing for the most part is who ever benefits there networks narrative. Lederman is the worst , and now he gives a breakdown on who the judges are and his opinions of them
                    Agree like max DeLuca how many times has he said he was a "great judge"and then his scorecard comes up the worst.Could not be because he is dating his daughter?He ll even Jim Lamps told him after last time to never tell him Max was good again and Jim got his you know what so far up Ledermen you know where.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Nothing different than a sideline reporter interviewing a coach between quarters or something. Just some TV bs.. and there will always be casual fans who don't know what they're watching and wanna score the fight like Harold. Whoever is coming forward automatically wins every round
                      how is that even remotely comparable? a coach isn't swaying viewers on who's winning because those sports are pretty straightforward. score more and win. boxing is subjective. you ask ten people who's winning that's ten different responses. guys like Lederman do muddy the waters by swaying viewers. just because he doesn't sway you doesn't mean others are not influenced by him. and his opinion gets a platform for the world to hear. his cards are worthless and useless because they don't matter and his breakdowns are atrocious. a guy like that only has a job because of connections.

Comment

Working...
                      X