No announcement yet.

Joshua will Stomp Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Ward is not the type of LHW who would traditionally have success at HW.

Look at guys like Billy Conn, Ezzard Charles, Gene Tunney, Michael Spinks and RJJ. These guys were (aside from in general being better than Ward), great athletes who could avoid punishment if they needed to for long periods.

Compare than to, say, a puncher like Bob Foster. He was a big at LHW and he got demolished at HW.

Mickey Walker had some success, but it was sporadic, and he never beat the man or anything.

Most of Wards biggest fights he has been an inside fighter. Kovalev, Kessler, at times vs Froch. That has been his ace card. He isnt going to be able to do that at HW. And he isnt a good enough pure boxer to dominate purely with speed and outboxing.

At LHW he looked slower and more clumsy than at SMW. At Cruiser I think he would have big big issues esp. vs the top 2/3 guys. At HW I just do not see it at all.

AJ by decapitation
    Good post, thatll get lost in a sea of ducking, money and *****ing talk

Comment

Originally posted by LetOutTheCage View Post
      He went over to the US to negotiate with Wilders team, what are you talking about?
      Not exactly. Yes, Hearn came to the US for x, y, and z but by no means did he book a flight just for Wilder on exclusive Wilder/AJ business.

Comment

Originally posted by larry spence View Post
        Hearn is clearly ignoring him man
        Ignoring what his whacked out twitter rants ? lol

Comment

Ward isn't going to fight Joshua, he won't even fight at heavyweight.

Just used Joshua's name and will continue to use it in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
            Arena's with a 10 million dollar Chucky Cheese gate. A 3rd of that size could produce more gate revenue.
            Let me get this right. Your criticising reasonable ticket prices? What planet are you people on. It cost me £800 for two tickets to watch Hatton vs Malignaggi at the MGM grand in 2008, and they weren't great seats. That can't be right.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
              Let me get this right. Your criticising reasonable ticket prices? What planet are you people on. It cost me £800 for two tickets to watch Hatton vs Malignaggi at the MGM grand in 2008, and they weren't great seats. That can't be right.
              I agree, if you paid £800 to watch that fight something can't be right with you.

Comment

Originally posted by redmish View Post
                Yes I am. When that's being used in leverage in a shady country that's known for homecooking fighters entire careers --- yes I'm questioning it. Broke įsses in cheap seats and you need a ko/tko to win --- not necessary. Bigger gate, bigger purses, ppv, etc on neutral ground --- now that sounds like a better deal am I right or am I right?

Do you think Jones (90's) would have made his way over the pond to fight if they promised him 70,000 people will be in attendance? I highly doubt it.

Your reference to paying £800 for two tickets isn't exactly a direct source of real data. Where we you sitting, how did you get your tickets (3rd party retailer, broker, venue), when did you get your tickets (very important), are you counting service fee's, etc. Are of those are important questions.

I'll tell you one thing man, ALL tickets in the US get turned out for higher values. It sucks because you pay through the nose, but in the end it keeps out the rabble and you end up having a great night with a great bunch of people. We spend tons of money at a variety of shows during the year and don't care because it's a great night and usually a night to remember.

I don't want to be around bottom feeders paying for drinks with a pocket full of change. All set.

Comment

Working...
                X