Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why hasn't Lomachenko connected with an audience?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why hasn't Lomachenko connected with an audience?

His first fight was on the Bradley/Marquez undercard

His next fight was a title shot against Salido as the co-Main Event on the Chavez Jr/Vera card

His third fight was against Gary Russell Jr on Showtime. Once again for the vacant WBO title

His fourth fight his first defense and it came on the Pacquiao v. Vargas undercard

His fight fight was the most coveted spot in boxing. He was the co-Main Event on the May-Pac undercard. They could've sold that spot to another promoter and got millions.

After that he fought on the Bradley/Rios undercard as the co-Main Event

His next fight he headlined MSG on Puerto Rico weekend. He was supported with a Puerto Rican fighter on the undercard and facing a Puerto Rican fighter for a title in the main event.

His last fight he fought Walters on HBO WCB.

Bob has done everything possible to make this guy a star and he's given him opportunities most other fighters would kill for. He's a handsome guy. Doesn't speak English but I dont think that's as big an obstacle as most others do. I have a theory but I don't want to say it just yet. I wanna see other people thoughts first.

His charisma doesn't show enough yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Raonic View Post
      His charisma doesn't show enough yet.
      Does he even have any?

Comment

Too white IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
          Too white IMO.
          I agree. Hardcore white boxing fans in America love the Eastern Europeans but casual white fans in America just aren't connecting with white fighters for some strange reason. They connect with black, mexican, filipino, puerto rican fighters but they don't connect with white fighters. Even when Tommy Morrison was a legit HW champ white Americans still connected more with Holyfield, Foreman, Lewis than they did with Tommy. Have white Americans been sold the great white hope so much they don't believe white fighters can really fight?

Comment

His biggest issue is he doesn't speak English.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              His biggest issue is he doesn't speak English.
              He speaks as well as Pacquiao spoke when he was becoming a star. Duran never spoke English and he had a Pepsi commerical

Comment

At least Kovalev and Golovkin speak American...whats his excuse? you got time to solve puzzles in your training but you cant learn my language and you live in my country?! son of b*tch!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  He speaks as well as Pacquiao spoke when he was becoming a star. Duran never spoke English and he had a Pepsi commerical
                  No actually he doesn't. Pacquiao spoke pretty good English by the time he was a major star. Lomachenko doesnt speak ANY english. And Duran was never an American superstar.

Comment

1) Small.
                    2) No speak English.
                    3) I think he's connected fairly well considering the above two, and the fact that boxing is going through a rough patch.

Comment

Working...
                    X