Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkin's best win?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he's got a lot of dominating wins over B level fighters but is still waiting on that A level win

Comment

Hehe, took longer than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
        Hehe, took longer than I thought.

it's serious business

Comment

Macklin and Geale were supposed to fight. I'd have probably picked Macklin.

Geale is the epitome of average. Not that Macklin is much better.

Rubio is a total bum.

Comment

It's easy to discredit Geale, Macklin, and Rubio, but consider if Golovkin had fought Quillin, Sturm, N'Dam or Pirog and they only lasted 1-3 rounds as well? Again those fighters probably would've been discredited as unworthy tests.

So far the quality of Golovkin's resume is taking on similarity to another MW great before him - Hopkins. Prior to Trinidad, Hopkin's resume was not based on any signature fights, but longevity and sound dominance. Hagler also needed to wait for the smaller men to move up in weight until he had his signature fights. I don't really consider Alvarez to be that great, but it looks like he and maybe Charlo/Lara will bring that for Golovkin. Unlike Hagler & Hopkins though, Golovkin may supplement his MW run with a few SMW's like Froch & Ward (Hopkins permanently moved out of MW before fighting above 160).

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
              It's easy to discredit Geale, Macklin, and Rubio, but consider if Golovkin had fought Quillin, Sturm, N'Dam or Pirog and they only lasted 1-3 rounds as well?
              But he hasn't

Comment

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                it's serious business
                No, it's troll business.

Comment

Geale byyyy a loong shot!!!!

Comment

Clearly Geale. It's a shame that Pirog got hurt. That fight was signed.

Korobov us probably up next after Murray. After that we might seen Canelo or Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by PittyPat View Post
                      I'm not a fan, but I've liked what I've seen since my first exposure to him in the Proksa fight. He's cool, fun to watch, and must-see TV. However, it's occurred to me that he doesn't yet have a signature win, whereas his fellow KO artist Kovalev now does.

In terms of credentials it has to be Geale, right? He looked like shit in there against Golovkin, but beforehand he had a very close fight with Barker (maybe should've won, maybe not), beat an OK Mundine, and handed Sturm his first loss in 6 years.

If anyone says Macklin... I have to ask, why?
                      At this point..it is easily Gaele,former world champion.

Comment

Working...
                      X