Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are the essentials I should have before I step in the ring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the essentials I should have before I step in the ring?

What are the must haves otherwise you have no place in a ring?

Before anyone can answer your questions you should give some more information.

What is your situation? Do you train in a gym?

Do you get your advice from a trainer or from posters on boxingscene?

Also when you say "step in the ring" do you mean an actual fight? an amateur bout or a sparring session?

Comment

Expect pain. If you go in there thinking it's gonna be easy, you're in for a shock. You could experience the worst pain you've ever had, so prepare. Expect the worst, but keep a cool head. Pain is temporary lol

Comment

Originally posted by RiC-DiC View Post
        Expect pain. If you go in there thinking it's gonna be easy, you're in for a shock. You could experience the worst pain you've ever had, so prepare. Expect the worst, but keep a cool head. Pain is temporary lol
        Thanks for all the answers you have given me bro, they are really aprecieted and top notch!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Young Money View Post
          Before anyone can answer your questions you should give some more information.

What is your situation? Do you train in a gym?

Do you get your advice from a trainer or from posters on boxingscene?

Also when you say "step in the ring" do you mean an actual fight? an amateur bout or a sparring session?

I train at a cheap gym

I get advice from both

I mean an actual fight, it sounds a bit dodgy theres nothing official, we just put our names down on a list when we want to fight not when our instructors say we are ready then we go fight infront of a crowd of people.

Comment

Originally posted by AlexKid View Post
            I train at a cheap gym

I get advice from both

I mean an actual fight, it sounds a bit dodgy theres nothing official, we just put our names down on a list when we want to fight not when our instructors say we are ready then we go fight infront of a crowd of people.
            So it's not sanctioned in any way? Doesn't sound like boxing to me then. You need to get registered and have a medical before you can have a real fight.

It just sounds like you're just having some unofficial punch up - so my best suggestion would be physically fit enough to fight 3 hard rounds. That means have the legs to be able to run 7kms (5 miles) in about 30-35 mins.

Comment

Working...
            X