No announcement yet.

Ali IS tha man...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali IS tha man...

Was just wathcing a show on the fightnetwork called champions..
    They were Highlighting the greatest champs in boxing such frazier, ali, foreman and tyson(Didnt' get to see the entire show)

Tyson had SOME class, Here's a quote from tyson right after his fight with larry holmes..
    "It;s an honour for me to have larry holmes's name on my record"...

Anyway they interviewed ali, was fairly new cause well he wsa old and stuttering from parkinsons.. Anyway he had a smile on his facee and the interviewer asked ali, "Do you consider yourself one of the best fighters of all time??"

Ali with a huge smile and stuttering.. "Look at my face, look at my nose, i'm so beautiful, they couldn't touch me, I'm to pretty to get hit"...

I thought that was fukin great after all he's been through, all these years he hasnt' changed one bit..

Ali is da man..

"Do you consider yourself one of the best fighters of all time??"
    Now there's a ****ing stupid question.

Comment

Originally posted by supaduck
      Now there's a ****ing stupid question.
      yeah, maybe, cause i suppose every top ten all-time hw claims he's the best.

Comment

Originally posted by butterfly1964
        yeah, maybe, cause i suppose every top ten all-time hw claims he's the best.
        LOL but one can question:
        Is ali great for his time???
        Is all great all time??

ALi vs tyson?? = how many ears does ali have??
        Every dominating champ is gonna be considered one of the greatest..
        for his time ali was obvioulsy the best..
        Tyson was the best in his time/youngest champ of all time..
        Frazier and leanord we're popular for their time but both faced defeat against ali....

thereforrr it doesnt' matter what any fighter self proclaims.. It breaks down the popularitty among fans and the proffessional succes of a fighter..

Comment

What I meant was asking him if he considers himself a great. Maybe the person that asked him that should actually watch him after the fights or read some of his quotes, i.e "I am the greatest"...

Comment

Originally posted by supaduck
            What I meant was asking him if he considers himself a great. Maybe the person that asked him that should actually watch him after the fights or read some of his quotes, i.e "I am the greatest"...

LOL, trust me it was great to see ali in his old age talkin like like he was a 25yrold champ..

Comment

I've heard loads of stories about it.

Comment

When Lennox Lewis was at the top of his game, ESPN interviewd Muhammad Ali and he said (with the help of sub-titles), "I woulda whooped him in 6 rounds! That big lummox would cover up all night long and I'd whoop him just like I did Big George!" It's entertaining to watch him talk like that.

It's interesting to note, however, that in an interview shortly before that one, Ali said about Tyson, "I don't know if I could have handled a guy like him." That shows great respect to a guy who's overly ridiculed; coming from a man who sits top 3 in terms of all-time arrogance.

Ali is the man.

Comment

Brassangel, you seem to be an intelligent boxing fan judging from your posts that are so well written, so I'm going to take you off in a different direction (other than what seems to be the normal Tyson talk);

Henry Armstrong vs. Ike Williams?

Comment

I think Ali was a great fighter, but the only fighter that was any good that he beat was Foreman. And he just outsmarted him, but beat him fair and square, Frazier was small, slow and had one punch, Norton beat Ali in every one of his three fights, get the trilogy and watch it, Sonny Liston was a convict that never had one boxing lesson in his life, a media hype!

Comment

Working...
                    X