Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will you rather bring back. Prime Marvin Hagler(mw) or Prime Felix Trinidad (WW)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i'd bring back both....2 of my favs

Comment

I picked Tito just because I'd like to see him vs Mayweather. But seeing Marvin Hagler beat up Martinez and Chavez Jr would be fun to watch too (especially Chavez Jr lol)

Comment

Originally posted by chiguy91 View Post
        who the hell would prefer to see trinidad over hagler? funny thread.
        Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        other than tito's mom, wife and kids, I really don't know.I bet tito would rather watch Marvin then tapes of himself.
        Hagler wasn't much more exciting than Trinidad to me, if at all.

Hagler had two great fights with Hearns and Mugabi, and some other good ones with Briscoe and Leonard. Trinidad had one great one with Vargas and several good ones with Reid, Mayorga, Carr, Campas.

Hagler had some explosive highlight reel KOs against Hamani, Lee, Hamsho 2, Obelmejias 2. Trinidad had the same against Garcia, Blocker, Zulu, nice bodyshot KOs of Barnes, Pineda, Pendleton.

The main difference between the two is that we got to see more clinics with Hagler than you did with Trinidad. Hagler absolutely jabbing and schooling the hell out of guys like Sibson and Hamsho (first fight) and slowly breaking them down. Trinidad, although his skills get undersold at times, was not nearly as skilled or versatile as Hagler.

Comment

hagler definitely.

Comment

Originally posted by Thread Stealer View Post
            Hagler wasn't much more exciting than Trinidad to me, if at all.

Hagler had two great fights with Hearns and Mugabi, and some other good ones with Briscoe and Leonard. Trinidad had one great one with Vargas and several good ones with Reid, Mayorga, Carr, Campas.

Hagler had some explosive highlight reel KOs against Hamani, Lee, Hamsho 2, Obelmejias 2. Trinidad had the same against Garcia, Blocker, Zulu, nice bodyshot KOs of Barnes, Pineda, Pendleton.

The main difference between the two is that we got to see more clinics with Hagler than you did with Trinidad. Hagler absolutely jabbing and schooling the hell out of guys like Sibson and Hamsho (first fight) and slowly breaking them down. Trinidad, although his skills get undersold at times, was not nearly as skilled or versatile as Hagler.
            What about Vito ANtefurmo 1? or alan minter when the crowd littered the stadium with trash cause Marvin beat his english ass down?

If you love boxing, its an easy decision. Tito is a great boxer but he in no way is on Hagler's level.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              What about Vito ANtefurmo 1? or alan minter when the crowd littered the stadium with trash cause Marvin beat his english ass down?

If you love boxing, its an easy decision. Tito is a great boxer but he in no way is on Hagler's level.
              The Minter fight was a short brutal beating. Sort of like Trinidad beating the crap out of Thiam.

The first Antufermo fight was alright.

Hagler was unquestionably the better fighter but I don't see this huge difference in excitement. They both were involved in great fights with two way action, and good ones as well. They both had highlight reel knockouts. Since Trinidad didn't have the chin or defense of Hagler, he got knocked down a lot, which added to the entertainment factor.

Only big difference is that we got to see clinics from Hagler that we didn't see from Tito, because he wasn't nearly as skilled as Marvin.

Comment

Originally posted by djtmal View Post
                just can't see, floyd mayweather jr., standing in the pocket for 12 rds, against prime trinidad at 147...
                I agree with you on that. Not sure the current Floyd has the movement against prime Trinidad. Floyd 2-3 years ago boxes prime Tito's ears off though.

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
                  I agree with you on that. Not sure the current Floyd has the movement against prime Trinidad. Floyd 2-3 years ago boxes prime Tito's ears off though.
                  Styles makes fights, a prime tito at 147 -vs- any version of PBF at 147..wouldnt end well for PBF. Tito's stamina and power would take its toll on Floyd..

Comment

hagler! me the man! he loved the tatoo of him on my leg,a true gent,funny how he told the stories about the build up to fighting tommy hearns,how they flew around usa promoting the fight,they flew on different planes & how hagler would tell the pilot to land first cus he was the champ, talked about the night when he felt like a world champ & it wasnt the night he beat alan minter.LEGEND

Comment

Originally posted by Chopper417 View Post
                      floyd isn't the power puncher that de la hoya, or hopkins was, and felix cound counter decent, especially with that left hook, so i don't think he would not mind getting hit by two, to get in one...and one is all he would need...

Comment

Working...
                      X