Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wladimir Klitschko vs. Alexander Povetkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Povetkin looked to be something pretty good in the amateurs just not as much in the pro-ranks.
    Povetkins fight with Marco Huck almost solidifies the fact that Povetkin doesn't stand a chance in hell, before that fight anyway I didn't exactly believe Povetkin was the man to take down either Klitschko's.

There is some talent in the division but they just lack the determination or the proper discipline training regime one in particular I mean by this and that's Odlanier Solis, that guy is talented but just terrible discipline fat and out of shape but still has that boxing ability with the right fitness he'd be a serious force.

Comment

Originally posted by yoz View Post
      I have a feeling if it goes to a decision, Wladimir will get robbed.

So, he'll have to go out and be more aggressive, which, of course, may afford opportunities for Povetkin.
      Povetkin struggles more against aggressors who push the action at him but he may just be able to do something off of Wladimir Klitschko fighting cautiously.

Comment

wlad by 10th round tko after a long sustained beating. Povetkin lands one or two lunging shots that don't hurt Wlad as bad as he had hoped and after that goes into a defensive shell and gets beat down. If Huck gave him such problems wlad will batter him

Comment

Originally posted by House of Stone View Post
          wlad by 10th round tko after a long sustained beating. Povetkin lands one or two lunging shots that don't hurt Wlad as bad as he had hoped and after that goes into a defensive shell and gets beat down. If Huck gave him such problems wlad will batter him
          Marco Huck was ruthless and aggressive, you can't really compare Huck to Wladimir besides Huck has a better punch resistance.

This could be a harder fight than some think styles make fights.

Comment

Wlad looked much more aggressive in his last two fights.

I don't give much chance to Povetkin. He will hold his own but not for whole 12 rounds. This should be very good win on Wlad's resume.

Comment

Povetkin is really too small and immobile to cause any major threats. I gave Haye a bigger chance than Povetkin. Povetkin will never get to Wlad, and will most likely be jabbed into oblivion. Late TKO for Wlad.

Comment

Calvin Brock won rounds against Vlad, Povetkin will cause more trouble than people think.

Comment

It looks like the Klitschko and Povetkin camps have agreed on testing:

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...lovija-klichko

http://boxingnews.com.ua/ru/novosti/...e-ljubyh-deneg

Comment

The fight is now agreed to and ready to go for October 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2013 View Post
                      The fight is now agreed to and ready to go for October 5.
                      Excellent news.

The biggest fight in HW for some time.

Comment

Working...
                      X