No announcement yet.

Ward Win, Dawson Weight Issue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ward Win, Dawson Weight Issue

I'm reading alot of threads on here blaming Dawsons loss on him coming down in weight for this fight. While that may be true, Who's fault is it? Dawson was the one that called Ward out and also agreed to fight at 168 and said repeatedly that it would be no problem for him. I like both fighters a lot and wasn't rooting for either but Andre Ward is a special fighter. He is mentally tough, Can adapt to any style, Can box and can fight on the inside, Has great defense, and also can fight a little dirty and still get away with it. Dawson is a bigger version of Zab Judah. He's mentally weak. He stops throwing as much when he's frustrated and his frustration shows on his face. He has elite skills but mentally he isnt on top of his game the way Ward is.

This is what alot of people arent getting, it doesnt matter if its Wards fault, dawson's faults or my cats fault, he was still drained and weak

Comment

Ward >>>> Dawson 168, 175, Overall....

The weight may have had some effect on Dawson as far as his power and strength goes, but Ward is a far superior boxer than Dawson, so I don't see a different outcome at any weight this would go down at..

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post
        This is what alot of people arent getting, it doesnt matter if its Wards fault, dawson's faults or my cats fault, he was still drained and weak
        he wasn't just weak physically, but weak mentally... because ward beat his @ss like he stole something

Comment

People were ranting on about how good Dawson looked at the weigh ins....now he was drained-hmmmm.

I believe Dawson looked pretty good in the first 2 rounds UNTIL round 3 he got cracked with a punch he did not anticipate.It was then that he never really got his legs back in my opinion-similar to when he got hurt against Glen Johnson,except that Ward sets up punches with speed and he sets them up far better than the predictable Glen Johnson.

Now maybe he struggled with the weight (of course he was ranting about how it was not an issue),but not one soul had mentioned he looked drained when he was on the scale-in fact,nearly everyone thought he looked ripped and ready.

Dawson did what he did against Pascal, stared too long admiring his opponents work and it cost him dearly against a much craftier and faster opponent that used angles that Dawson was not used to his opponents using.

Comment

did dawson offered to have the fight at a catchweight? probably would have been better if he did...

Comment

Working...
            X