Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wayne McCullough: "Ortiz should've had 5 minutes to recover"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

people at fault for this fight ending the way it did...

1.victor ortiz's head

2.victor ortiz

3.floyd mayweather.

4.joe cortez

Comment

Wayne McCullough is wrong.

Cortez did signal the fighters to fight. He did take his time instructing ringside to start the clock again though which is why his attention was away from the fight action.

The punches were legal and Ortiz was defenseless so Mayweather took advantage.

I wouldn't of went about it like that as it was a classless thing to do but Mayweather saw a opportunity to gain an advantage (within the rules) and he took it and he was rewarded with a KO win.

Comment

Originally posted by AKOO View Post
        Wayne McCullough is wrong.

Cortez did signal the fighters to fight.
        McCullough's argument is that the ref should always say 'box' after a foul. I think if Cortez had said this there would have been much less ambiguity on the part of Ortiz who didn't seem to think the fight had restarted.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
          McCullough's argument is that the ref should always say 'box' after a foul. I think if Cortez had said this there would have been much less ambiguity on the part of Ortiz who didn't seem to think the fight had restarted.
          Nah I think Wayne genuinely thinks that Cortez didn't say anything.

Certainly seemed that way on the Primetime broadcast.

Not every ref say's 'Box' to restart the action

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
            He said "let's go" and brought his hands together signalling the fighters to meet in center of the ring and box.

There's a gif animation that shows Cortez doing this.

He could of said "box" but I'm sure every boxer on the planet knows what "let's go" means also.

Comment

Working...
            X