Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Jones would shred Victor to pieces !!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mannie Phresh View Post
    where are these berto fans i keep hearing about?
    Right here. I'm a fan of Berto bruh. And guess what????? He got his ass handed to him by Vic. Berto has some adjustments to make, and serious ones if he plans on competing at this level.

Now on to the Mike Jones talk.

I like the the kid, he's got tremendous upside, and showed that he can apply what he has learned from past outingis in the ring(ie. Jones/Karass II). But the kid is not ready yet. He needs to do well against the next tier of fighters before he steps up to the Berto/Ortiz level, it's just that simple.

His jab is very good, but he needs to learn to work OFF the jab after he establishes it. He has to learn patience, instead of blowing his load in excitement over a hurt opponent. There are quite a bit more things that Mike is gonna have to fine tune before he gets at any championship level fighters. That is all.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny Gunz View Post
      Jones has a good jab when he sits on it, sometimes he throws arm jabs which is really frustrating.

Ortiz was really impressive last night though he was able to get inside and land his punches and he never really gassed.
      He was able to get inside because...

A) He didn't have a jab to deal with

B) The guy he was fighting only throws one punch at a time with no jab behind it.

C) The guy was the size of a fire hydrant

D) The Black-American had no lateral movement.

Now, tell me how Jones is alot like Berto ?

I am in no way saying that Vic has no shot(he has a legit shot). I just like Jones's upside when matching him up against Ortiz.
      Last edited by Monte Fisto; 04-17-2011, 02:20 PM.

Comment

ortiz takes this fight. he looked great last night...good chin (even though he has been knockdown in past he recovers well) explosive power, speed and stamina. his stamina surprised me, he looked as he could go another 12 rounds. jones would gas out in later rounds and ortiz would get the ko/tko.

Comment

just rewatched the Berto-Ortiz fight. Man, I'm even more convinced that Jones takes this(no guarantees, but, I'm even liking Jones's chances even more).

Ortiz has no jab to speak of, it's bad enough that he hardly throws jabs, but, when he does actually throw it, it can't even break wind, lmao.

For all those who say Jones is just an outside fighter, well, boxing is his bread n' butter, but, he'll fight on the inside when he has to and has the know how. But, don't worry, Jones will fight a lil bit and likes to move out of the way.

Comment

Originally posted by Monte Fisto View Post
            C'mon you Ortiz bandwagon jumpers. I've already seen a number of posts stating that Vic would do this and that to Mike Jones, all because Vic looked great fighting a tree stump.

Jones's jab and height alone would be more than enough for Vic to handle. Jones has a fast straight punch as well, and add the side to side movement to that. Vic would be a sitting target.

Don't get me wrong, Victor would be a live dog if this fight ever happens, I just like Jones's upside when matching him up with Vic.
            Jones chin and heart are suspect.

Comment

Mike Jones is absolute garbage......

Are you just trying to overhype Jones so that when he dose lose.....people will remeber this thtread and say ...."ah, everyone said Mike Jones would beat Ortiz"...and use it as some sort way to say he was a hypejob......

Comment

Originally posted by Nobuhiro Sugoi View Post
                I'll admit, I've only seen Jones fight twice, and both of 'em were against Karass. The first time he fought Karass, I just think he got the case of the nerves, fighting in such a big stage and wanted to impress really bad.

Well, the second fight(i actually witnessed it live), he stuck with the gameplan, didn't get wild and stuck with what he does best and the end result was a dominating win.

Jones may not have to reach deep down against Ortiz. Like I've said a million times already, Ortiz has no jab to speak of, he can fight on the inside, but he's really an outside gunner. Jones will carve him !!

Comment

Originally posted by Nobuhiro Sugoi View Post
                  Garbage my @ss, you don't know **** about boxing. If Jones is garbage, then Berto is even worse

Comment

Originally posted by Uturn View Post
                    Jones isn't that great. Victor will hurt him.
                    Victor isn't that great either.

Comment

Ok people, the guy admits to only have watched Jones twice.... and he is hyping the crap out of him. Enough said, he needs to watch more boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X