Collapse
No announcement yet.

fighting weight vs walk around weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yhyh well I've been nt getting enough cals all year and I'm now 1kilo under my fighting weight what I'm saying is there any benefits of training heavier then your fighting weight then a week before cut a few pounds ?

Comment

Originally posted by Domey View Post
      I fight at 126. As an amature, you are(Or should be) fighting consistantly, so you shouldn't have any time to gain weight unless you are young and your body is maturing. If you are not fighting consistantly, then rather then worrying about putting on weight, which is just going to require even more work to take it back off. Ask yourself the correct question.

Why the hell am I not fighting every week/two weeks?
      I had 6 fights this season already and thats considered alot compared to most people. Im pretty sure no one fights every week anymore, maby in the past they did. Im not tryin to justify gaining weight tho, just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by Tripoli Tornado View Post
        I had 6 fights this season already and thats considered alot compared to most people. Im pretty sure no one fights every week anymore, maby in the past they did. Im not tryin to justify gaining weight tho, just sayin.
        Do u put on a few pounds while training for your fight?

Comment

what's the average featherweight's walk around weight?

Comment

From my research (far from scientific) Most Featherweights are low 130's walk around and then cut down. However my Coach is a British amateur and on the team GB development squad and he is bang on weight all the time

Like people have said as an AM you can fight half a dozen times a year and take fights on very short notice so if your serious about your craft, you need to be a couple of pounds over most of the time.

Remember the Pro's have dietitians, dedicated teams/army of people to help them cut, they dont have to go to work 9-5 and do normal things in between the training. Hold down a mundane job when your feeling tired.

Personally i would look to be mobile, healthy and strong at a consistent 130lbs and then the few pounds with a few weeks notice is a doddle

Comment

I have no fighting weight since there is no serious boxing organizations to participate or watch, but I have training period weight and holiday weight During the training period, for months, I walk around at 147.7 and during the months or weeks I quit training I walk around at 154. We soak in sweat in each training session, lose so much water. Right after the training I might weight 145 I believe.
              And If I try I might come down to super lightweight limit of 140 for pros 5,8 superlightweight, beating midgets with telephone poles LoL.
              Last edited by DinoCop; 02-03-2017, 10:00 AM.

Comment

Fighting weight is determined by bone structure and age.

Small bone guys can fight lower weights

Comment

Working...
                X