Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is 3 miles good enough?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You average 10 cal/min jogging, you also need to burn 3500 cal to lose a pound. If you average an hour per day jogging, that is 7 hours per week or 4200 cal/week (600 cal/hr*7 hr/week). This means you would lose a little more than a pound per week...(4200/3500 = 1.2 pounds/week).

At this rate, you would need to jog this way for: 30 pounds/(1.2 pounds/week) = 25 weeks or 6.25 months.

You would likely need to adjust your diet as well to accomplish your goal in your desired time frame or jog 8-10 miles each day.

This is just an averaged calculation as it really depends on how fast you run but it should give you an idea.

Comment

Why run 3 miles when you can run atleast 6? You burn way more calories that way.

Comment

I just ran 7,5 miles(12km) in 1h 15min, is that a good time?

Comment

Do more sprints man, After awhile running long distance gets boring as heck, and doing sprints becomes just as effective, and is quicker than running long distance at a slower pace.

Comment

Originally posted by fuddoh View Post
            7.5 miles/1.25 hr = 6 miles/hr...................not too shabby. That is like running a mile every 10 minutes......good for fat burning. The faster you run, the more carbs you burn. The slower you run, the more fat you burn. The longer you run the more overall calories you burn but the speed at which you run determines the carb/fat ratio for calories burned.

Comment

Originally posted by fuddoh View Post
              No it isn't. You're just jogging, not running. I do 10 km in 40-42 minutes, that's running.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                7.5 miles/1.25 hr = 6 miles/hr...................not too shabby. That is like running a mile every 10 minutes......good for fat burning. The faster you run, the more carbs you burn. The slower you run, the more fat you burn. The longer you run the more overall calories you burn but the speed at which you run determines the carb/fat ratio for calories burned.
                please elaborate.

I've running 4.5 miles in about 35 minutes, but right now I'm trying to drop about 7 lbs, I don't have time to train more than 4 days. I've been getting in about 18 miles a week, along with bodyweight workouts (2-3x) and 2 training sessions a week. i'm not fat anywhere but have a little extra around the belly and back that I need to drop.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  Ok thanks for the info

Originally posted by GoogleMe View Post
                  No it isn't. You're just jogging, not running. I do 10 km in 40-42 minutes, that's running.
                  Well i'm sorry for not being at your level yet but you know i cant just start running like a horse from the getgo. I was asking if that was a good time for an intermediate, not a beginner but also not an elite...

Comment

Mayweather runs 5miles in an hour, you guys need to try harder

Comment

Originally posted by Flows View Post
                      Mayweather runs 5miles in an hour, you guys need to try harder
                      Not everyone in here is Floyd FKN Mayweather

Comment

Working...
                      X