Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Racism in boxing...is it getting better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Racism in boxing...is it getting better?

Do people think its wrong for fans to support a fighter because of the colour of his skin? Are there any fans on here that do that? (other than that klitschko guy lol).

I remember in school when Hatton fought Mayweather I noticed a lot of people supporting Mayweather were black and a lot of people supporting Hatton were white.

I support Muslim fighters is that wrong?

Please keep the discussion sensible thanks.

people support fighters they can relate to. at some point you get past all individual fighter/fan stuff and just like watching the sport.

Comment

I support Judah because he's jewish. I remember his Bar Mitzvah, Jay Z was there, and we partied like it was 1999.

Comment

I usually support the British fighters all the time just cos Im from Britain.

I dont like it when people support fighters cos of the colour of their skin

Comment

i'd say it is getting better, specially with the HW division,
          i mean it's UK at his point,
          so we have the latin,philipinos, uk, african........boxing has diversified i would say

Comment

I support yellow fighters cos its like my favorite color. Is that wrong?

Comment

I'm white and Canadian. out my top 11 fav fighters, only 1 is white(pavlik) and 0 are Canadian. I see past all that stuff cuz I like the sport of boxing itself. I could careless what the color of the skin is I think that just limits the entertainment value.

Comment

Originally posted by kswizzy99 View Post
                I'm white and Canadian. out my top 11 fav fighters, only 1 is white(pavlik) and 0 are Canadian. I see past all that stuff cuz I like the sport of boxing itself. I could careless what the color of the skin is I think that just limits the entertainment value.
                Yeah but thats because Canada doesnt really have a sense of patriotism compared to the USA, Mexico and the UK.

You also dont have enough good fighters so you have to opt for fighters outside your country.

Dont mean to be rude but its the truth.

Comment

Support your own all you want as long as you can do so without showin bigotry against others.

Comment

i support fighters that entertain me

Comment

Working...
                    X