Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So did Mayweather make more money off De La Hoya or Hatton?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So did Mayweather make more money off De La Hoya or Hatton?

I heard Hatton did 900k in USA and 2 mill in UK ...

2.4 Delahoya

?

Anyone would make the most money of their career fighting De La Hoya

Comment

I would say that he made close to the same amount in terms of personal money since he got a higher share of the money against Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        I would say that he made close to the same amount in terms of personal money since he got a higher share of the money against Hatton
        But did Mayweather get any share of the UK PPV money? Because I know some instances where they won't get certain shares of a countries money from PPV's... Or at least I think that's the case.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdoodledoo View Post
          But did Mayweather get any share of the UK PPV money? Because I know some instances where they won't get certain shares of a countries money from PPV's... Or at least I think that's the case.
          Hatton made more than Floyd in their fight as far as i know cos he got almost all if not all of the UK money.
          And i think it was 1 mil not 2 mil buys in the UK.

Comment

No way Floyd has a deal where Hatton gets his percentage in the US sales but Floyd gets none of the Hatton sales. Why would Floyd do something like that when he was the P4P #1, a mega star after the Oscar fight, and no one in the US really knew Hatton

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
              No way Floyd has a deal where Hatton gets his percentage in the US sales but Floyd gets none of the Hatton sales. Why would Floyd do something like that when he was the P4P #1, a mega star after the Oscar fight, and no one in the US really knew Hatton
              It was reported in the uk newspapers that Hatton had the rights to the uk. Mayweather probably thought the fight would only do a few hundred thousand in the UK because the PPV was on at like 4am UK time.

Comment

So no one is quite sure about the UK TV rights? I would find it quite strange if Mayweather let Hatton have all of the UK money, but as Six Shooter said, maybe he thought the PPV wouldn't be that much in the UK so wasn't worth arguing about it.

Comment

Mayweather didn't get any money off the PPV sales in the U.K.
                  Something about the money split.. Hatton said fine but I get all the money from the U.K and you can have the higher share of the purse split.. or something like that.
                  So he made more money off of DLH.

Comment

Originally posted by mcdoodledoo View Post
                    So no one is quite sure about the UK TV rights? I would find it quite strange if Mayweather let Hatton have all of the UK money, but as Six Shooter said, maybe he thought the PPV wouldn't be that much in the UK so wasn't worth arguing about it.
                    I remember reading an article where they said he didn't get any money from the U.K. buys.. Hatton was saying how stupid of Mayweather to think that it wouldn't sell in his homecountry.. I don't think Mayweather anticipated how well it was gonna sell there.

Comment

Working...
                    X