Collapse
No announcement yet.

Colorado Springs Shooting

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I age, I gain a better understanding of our jungle. Predator vs. prey. Survival of the fittest may not apply.

Comment

What ever happened to (just being) crazy? - Chris Rock

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
        You misspelled terrorist. Gotta love the double standards. There's been like 13 terror acts committed by white people since the Paris tragedy. 3 instances involving white supremacists. Of course, the media isn't covering it as such.
        Such a nonsense. Terrorists are labelled as such when they belong to a wider terror network. It's the same reason black multiple shooters aren't labelled terrorists either.

Here is a list of terrorist groups: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

If you're going to call every killer a terrorist, then wtf are you going to call the terrorists?

There's always a lame stick to try to beat the white population of America with, it's tiresome.

Instead of bashing them at every opportunity, people should be thankful they provided the intellectual capital to build what is by many measures, currently the greatest nation on earth.

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
          Such a nonsense. Terrorists are labelled as such when they belong to a wider terror network. It's the same reason black multiple shooters aren't labelled terrorists either.

Here is a list of terrorist groups: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...rrorist_groups

If you're going to call every killer a terrorist, then wtf are you going to call the terrorists?

There's always a lame stick to try to beat the white population of America with, it's tiresome.

Instead of bashing them at every opportunity, people should be thankful they provided the intellectual capital to build what is by many measures, currently the greatest nation on earth.
          The word terrorism exists in the English dictionary and the definition is someone using violence and intimidation to pursue political gains. They don't have to be part of some wider terrorist group, also if that were the case, just who's definition of terrorist do we take into account? America?

I find it comical when I see people like you clinging onto some belief that because you made some land more advanced, it makes the colonisation and genocide ok. If I came into your house and murdered you and your family, then went out and renovated and extended your house, would that make it ok?

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            The word terrorism exists in the English dictionary and the definition is someone using violence and intimidation to pursue political gains. They don't have to be part of some wider terrorist group, also if that were the case, just who's definition of terrorist do we take into account? America?
            And it's used to communicate to the populous when a specific type of crime is committed - one associated with the designated terrorist groups by national governments.

Now if you're going to use the word every time there's a multiple shooting what word are you going to use when a designated terrorist attack occurs? Do we have to use a new term now to satisfy excessive political correctness?

It's just tomfoolery, twistedness to highlight some perceived injustice that doesn't exist.

I find it comical when I see people like you clinging onto some belief that because you made some land more advanced, it makes the colonisation and genocide ok. If I came into your house and murdered you and your family, then went out and renovated and extended your house, would that make it ok?
            Are you a victim of colonisation and genocide? No? is anyone alive today in the US a victim?

Or have they experienced the benefits of an advanced free society in one of the greatest countries on earth where anyone can make it if they put their mind to it?

Reading history books and adopting a vicarious victim mentality of a life you never endured makes no sense whatsoever.

No one invaded your house or murdered your family. You've had opportunity in a first world country an opportunity millions around the world will never have, be grateful (and that goes to all races and religions, white included).
            Last edited by Weebler I; 11-28-2015, 04:46 AM.

Comment

No race is better than the other, some hundred years ago arabs were at the top of the world while Europe was in poverty, China, Egypt, Mexico and other cultures have made tremendous advancments thousands of years ago while the europeans were still living in caves, what we're seeing now is just the natural evolution, some 200 years from now the power will have shifted to another group of people and the cycle will continue.

Don't forget that slavery played a role in putting America a step a head of all other nations since they didn't have to pay wages like everybody else did, slaves were also forced to do things normal workers in other nations would've rejected doing and searched for another employer, this went on for some good 300 years, so of course we will still feel the effects of this for quite a while.

Go look up what terrorism means, a terrorist doesn't have to have a certain religion or come from a certain part of the world, a terrorist is anybody who tries to scare(terrorize) people into following his belief, and that's exactly what happened in Colorado.

Comment

[/QUOTE]
                And it's used to communicate to the populous when a specific type of crime is committed - one associated with the designated terrorist groups by national governments.

Now if you're going to use the word every time there's a multiple shooting what word are you going to use when a designated terrorist attack occurs? Do we have to use a new term now to satisfy excessive political correctness?

It's just tomfoolery, twistedness to highlight some perceived injustice that doesn't exist.
                Read what I wrote again. The word should be used when satisfies the definition. Which is someone using violence or intimidation to pursue political gains which he was most likely doing.

Are you just going to label everyone a terrorist that commits a crime because they are associated with a group that the west deems a terrorist organisation? If so that seems quite bias to me, seems like a word the west can use exclusively.

Are you a victim of colonisation and genocide? No? is anyone alive today in the US a victim?

Or have they experienced the benefits of an advanced free society in one of the greatest countries on earth where anyone can make it if they put their mind to it?

Reading history books and adopting a vicarious victim mentality of a life you never endured makes no sense whatsoever.

No one invaded your house or murdered your family. You've had opportunity in a first world country an opportunity millions around the world will never have, be grateful.
                You're completely avoiding my point. Just because i'm not the victim of colonization or doesn't mean I don't have a right to speak out against past atrocities committed in order to build this so called free nation.

How free were the aboriginals of the turtle Island when when western folk rolled onto their shore, killed their people, destroyer their way of life and took their land. Have you ever stopped to consider that they were happy living that life style as opposed to the ones that were imposed on those who survived by the colonizers?

I don't care if I benefited from colonization, stop attacking me and focus on my argument instead. Just because I benefited and so many millions did to doesn't make it ok for what's happened. How much did those indigenous people who were slaughtered by the incoming brits benefit from the colonization?

Comment

As tiresome as how minorities are depicted by mainstream media? And I'm using the term applied by the mainstream when any individual or group that is not white engages in an act of violence which is politically or religiously motivated.

ter·ror·ism
                  ˈterəˌrizəm/Submit
                  noun
                  the use of violence and intimidation in the pursuit of political aims.
                  Let me guess. This isn't terrorism either, right?

White supremacist video foreshadows shooting near Black Lives Matter protest in Minneapolis

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nati...icle-1.2446801

4 Arrested in Shooting at Black Lives Matter Protest Are Identified

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/11/26/us...fied.html?_r=0
                  Last edited by 2501; 11-28-2015, 05:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                    No race is better than the other.
                    Never was it suggested otherwise, the success of various non-white, non-European countries around the world today illustrates that clearly.

Go look up what terrorism means, a terrorist doesn't have to have a certain religion or come from a certain part of the world, a terrorist is anybody who tries to scare(terrorize) people into following his belief, and that's exactly what happened in Colorado.
                    People need to stop using dictionary definitions to justify being twisted.

Think of the practicality.

If you're going to call every multiple gun attack a terrorist attack how are you going to differentiate and communicate to the populous when an actual "terrorist attack" is happening?

The V-Tech shooter wasn't called a terrorist when he was Asian, the Oregon wasn't called a terrorist when he was black, but this guy has to be called a terrorist because he's white?

It's ridiculous, picking at white Americans for the sake of it, it's actually reverse racism (and I'm loathe to use the "r-word").
                    Last edited by Weebler I; 11-28-2015, 05:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
                      Are you just going to label everyone a terrorist that commits a crime because they are associated with a group that the west deems a terrorist organisation? If so that seems quite bias to me, seems like a word the west can use exclusively.
                      Yes, if they're committing terrorist attacks or involved in terrorist activity. That's what the list is there for. It's not biased, it's common sense.

The News then uses the term so we (you and me) understand wtf they're talking about when we hear there has been a terrorist attack.

So if you want the news to call every multiple shooter a terrorist, what you are going to call 9/11, 7/7, Paris style attacks?

How are you going to inform the public of the nature of the threat?

You're completely avoiding my point. Just because i'm not the victim of colonization or doesn't mean I don't have a right to speak out against past atrocities committed in order to build this so called free nation.

How free were the aboriginals of the turtle Island when when western folk rolled onto their shore, killed their people, destroyer their way of life and took their land. Have you ever stopped to consider that they were happy living that life style as opposed to the ones that were imposed on those who survived by the colonizers?

I don't care if I benefited from colonization, stop attacking me and focus on my argument instead. Just because I benefited and so many millions did to doesn't make it ok for what's happened. How much did those indigenous people who were slaughtered by the incoming brits benefit from the colonization?
                      Sidenote, you're actually the one who personalised it, talking about murdering families, not I. I was putting it in your terms so you can understand.

You want to complain about colonisation of the past while living the benefits of it today. You're living in a former colony bro, all the good things and current freedoms within it that you enjoy emanate from the structures and institutions which the colonists put in place.

All the genocide as you put it, occurred hundreds of years ago, Americans today only enjoy all the good things from colonisation as one of the foremost nations in world and have little reason to complain and every reason to be grateful.
                      Last edited by Weebler I; 11-28-2015, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X