Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why no outrage over GGG hitting David after the bell and down?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think it warranted a two point penalty. At the least Lemieux should have been given time to recooperate rather than have to get up in 10. DQ would have been a bit excessive, but not necessarily out of the question.
    Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-25-2015, 05:53 PM.

Comment

His fans are just saying the politically correct thing to say, but they really don't care. I get what you mean, same people just saying "We we got mad, it was uncalled for" would have said much harsher things for other fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP. View Post
        He could have been DQd but how many people give Montell Griffin credit for his DQ win over Roy?

DQ victories do nothing but force an immediate rematch for an already uneventful fight.
        Roy Jones punched Griffin twice. The first can always be considered as an accident, however in that case, the second punch was definitely intentional.

As for GGG, I could agree with a point or two being deducted. A DQ? No.

Comment

Originally posted by BOXEO _ View Post
          They don't wanna hear it bruh, they got sparkles in their eyes
          Close thread

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            His fans are just saying the politically correct thing to say, but they really don't care. I get what you mean, same people just saying "We we got mad, it was uncalled for" would have said much harsher things for other fighters.
            Exactly. I'm a big fan of the G monster, big fan. But they would have much harsher things to say about other fighters. For example: Larry made a tread about the most disrespectful things done in the sport. Now anyone that's been here knows I'm not a Broner fan, but his hump of Maidana came up more than once. Like he didn't get his a$$ whopped and back humped.

But the G monster cracked a man when he was down and after the bell and too many people have nothing more than a shoulder shrug for it.

Then this one kat said Joey Zaggs did it too, but it was ok, because Hopkins talked mess.
            Last edited by Bushbaby; 10-25-2015, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
              Protect yourself at all times doesn't apply in this case. Taking a knee is a short surrender when obviously you CANNOT protect yourself. Punching someone while down or on a knee is a classic case where disqualification or two points deduction applies. The ref screwed here big time without any consequences, not even a warning.
              Yes you can protect yourself whilst taking a knee by covering up, rather than smiling at your opponent with your hands down. And like I said before in this thread, he was only on his knee for a fraction of a second before GGG hit him, so it was in no way malicious and perfectly understandable. GGG wasn't to know that Lemiaux was taking a knee, like I said, he's not a mind reader. The ref made the right decision.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                As I've stated before, Lemmuix did absolutely nothing wrong here. Taking a knee and not defending yourself does not in any way trump being hit while down or after the bell, ever.
                It's not about trumping, but more the difference between legality and well known good advice. Lemmuix didn't do anything wrong in terms of legality in boxing of course. But if he doesn't want to take an extra hit whilst taking a knee, he would be wise to cover up in the process rather than smile with his hands down. It can be considered unfortunate timing for lemmuix at most, but GGG deserved no repercussions for punching him in the face with out knowing he was taking a knee. Like I said, lemmuix was only down for a fraction of a second before he was hit.

Comment

Originally posted by HardSpar View Post
                  It's not about trumping, but more the difference between legality and well known good advice. Lemmuix didn't do anything wrong in terms of legality in boxing of course. But if he doesn't want to take an extra hit whilst taking a knee, he would be wise to cover up in the process rather than smile with his hands down. It can be considered unfortunate timing for lemmuix at most, but GGG deserved no repercussions for punching him in the face with out knowing he was taking a knee. Like I said, lemmuix was only down for a fraction of a second before he was hit.
                  The only thing you're right about is Limmuix doing nothing wrong. But the G monster did do something wrong. Which is hitting a man while he was down and after the bell. Period. The ref didn't do a thing about it. He should have done something, anything about the 2 obvious fouls.

Comment

Let's beat Gennady will sticks and rocks.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
                      The only thing you're right about is Limmuix doing nothing wrong. But the G monster did do something wrong. Which is hitting a man while he was down and after the bell. Period. The ref didn't do a thing about it. He should have done something, anything about the 2 obvious fouls.
                      I didn't say Lemmuix did nothing wrong, I said legally he didn't do anything wrong. But in boxing terms he should defend himself properly. And I shall state for the third time, he was only on his knee for a fraction of a second before he was hit. Meaning he couldn't stop himself in time, and like I said before, he's not always going to be looking at his opponents knees but is rather looking to punch his opponent in the face. The ref didn't need to do anything about it, it's just boxing.

Comment

Working...
                      X