No announcement yet.

Canelo vs. Lara: Post Fight Discussion Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
    Yeah, Lara went down on a couple of monster blows, but he fought on with no problem. He wound up smashing Angulo's face and making Perro turn his back. There are a couple of ways of looking at that, both with some merit. I prefer to look at the positives: the fact that Landy has a warrior heart and iron will, that he doesn't back down when the going gets tough. Those are good attributes to have when you're already a pretty good boxer.
    Yep. Says a lot about a fighter. That's what makes Marquez great.

Comment

• Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Well that goes without saying doesn't it. I've seen 80yr old ladies with hip replacements who have had better footwork than Angulo
      And still he was cutting off the ring on the guy "with the best footwork on the planet" lol so did molina. But apparently canelo won't be able cut off the ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Yeah its unfortunate that the judging has gotten so much focus in this fight but Lara just needs the mentality that he's behind by 2 rounds before the opening bell. If he comes out too conservative and throwing one shot at a time like against Vanes then I don't know what to say. That's his own fault.

I hope he mixes it up more in this fight. Like Shields said, he's deadly when he sits down on his punches and throws combinations. If he does that as well as use his feet and pick his shots I like his chances. In his defense he has been doing that a lot more since the Vanes fight.
        No doubt, Lara cannot afford to fight the way he has in the past. I hope Landy's comments about fighting the way he always does can't be taken literally. He needs to be more active and throw with bad intentions, like you said.

Originally posted by PBP View Post
        Yep. Says a lot about a fighter. That's what makes Marquez great.
        You can't win if you get stopped, right? A fighter with some skills that just keeps coming is a dangerous individual.

Comment

No doubt, Lara cannot afford to fight the way he has in the past. I hope Landy's comments about fighting the way he always does can't be taken literally. He needs to be more active and throw with bad intentions, like you said.

You can't win if you get stopped, right? A fighter with some skills that just keeps coming is a dangerous individual.
          Of course hes going to run all night ddnt you see all access ? He was getting his legs ready to perform an elite track race lol 1000 meters

Comment

• Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
            Of course hes going to run all night ddnt you see all access ? He was getting his legs ready to perform an elite track race lol 1000 meters

Comment

Canelo isn't high output either, but Landy makes him look like P Willy. Angulo is real, real easy to hit. I think Lara has good power, comparable to Alvarez. I don't see a KO here. It's probably going to the cards, and that's where Landy's luck will have to come in.
              Me and jas already busted that myth. Lara throws more than Canelo.

Comment

• I think Lara was hurt in the KDs vs Angulo but on the way down. By the time he was up he was good, obviously. Recovered like a beast.

Comment

• Originally posted by f4314n68 View Post
                  And still he was cutting off the ring on the guy "with the best footwork on the planet" lol so did molina. But apparently canelo won't be able cut off the ring.

And look at the leather he ate in the process. Canelo is far more calculated than Angulo.

Totally different styles.

Trout has better footwork than Angulo he feints and moves his head yet when he pressured he couldn't get inside. Why do you think that is?
                  Because he is more calculated and isn't a tank willing to take 10 shots to give 1.

Comment

• Good luck if you are banking on one fight against a guy who is nothing like Canelo and had no real success as such albeit two knockdowns.

Just because one pressure fighter has success people seemingly think they all must and in this case Canelo is not even a pressure fighter to begin with.

Canelo hasn't ever pressured, Angulo has for 150+ amateur fights and 30 pro bouts, that is his style. Canelo isn't changing his style now and if he does he will gas even quicker than usual.

He is a boxer-puncher, a mid-range hooker with an undeveloped right hand. Watch his fights, he only has pop in that left hook especially in combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                      Me and jas already busted that myth. Lara throws more than Canelo.
                      Is that right? lol That's just awful then. It always seemed to me Canelo throws much more. Honestly, I support Lara, but I don't like watching him fight. He bores me. People talk about Rigo, but I love watching him in action. Maybe it's just a taste thing.

Comment

Working...
                      X