No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sauerland's Meyer: Klitschko Avoiding The Povetkin Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WladimirK View Post
    Yeah, but ARD can be bought out. RTL airs all Klitschko fights, this one won't be an exception. But Sauerland might very well use it as an excuse. Povetkin must be stripped if he doesn't fight Wlad this year.
    If Sauerland wins, the fight will be on ARD. They will not be bought out. It's a public service channel that is using taxpayers money to finance boxing. They are not out to make a profit. They are out to give their costumers what they pay for. For quite some time the feelingwithin ARD has been, that they have not been getting enough for their money and a renewal of the deal with Sauerland is very much in jeopardy.

Because of that it is my belief that Sauerland is willing to dig deep to get that fight on ARD. The viewing figure would be one of the highest ever.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
      If Sauerland wins, the fight will be on ARD. They will not be bought out. It's a public service channel that is using taxpayers money to finance boxing. They are not out to make a profit. They are out to give their costumers what they pay for. For quite some time the feelingwithin ARD has been, that they have not been getting enough for their money and a renewal of the deal with Sauerland is very much in jeopardy.

Because of that it is my belief that Sauerland is willing to dig deep to get that fight on ARD. The viewing figure would be one of the highest ever.
      RTL is Germany's biggest private broadcaster. They just signed a lucrative five-fight, 15 million Euro tv deal with the brothers last year. No way ARD will get the tv rights for a possible Povetkin bout.

Comment

RTL is Germany's biggest private broadcaster. They just signed a lucrative five-fight, 15 million Euro tv deal with the brothers last year. No way ARD will get the tv rights for a possible Povetkin bout.
        And somehow you know that K2 wins a pursebid. Ok pal. Carry on.

Comment

interesting tug of war here...

this fight will happen or one of these guys will be stripped of this joke of an organization's title. wlad is the champion & povetkin is the #1 contender in my eyes not the "regular champion". i said it on another post that sasha's team had 20 months to exercise mandatory right & they got 3 events within those 20 months now they have to exercise or sasha gets stripped of his mandatory status. he exercised it so now the ball is in K2's hands. they requested a extension & if they win then povetkin will have to wait but if the request is denied(i doubt it will be denied because it's a klitschko)then wlad has to fight povetkin or povetkin becomes the "super champion". i'd just fight him & get it over with. the klitschko's are not like other champions of the past. the belts mean everything to the klitschko's so he won't vacate his belt. where as other guys from the past would just vacate their belt to go for the money fights instead. lennox vacated 2 of his belts during his reign, foreman was stripped of both of his belts after beating moorer. i want to see this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
            this fight will happen or one of these guys will be stripped of this joke of an organization's title. wlad is the champion & povetkin is the #1 contender in my eyes not the "regular champion". i said it on another post that sasha's team had 20 months to exercise mandatory right & they got 3 events within those 20 months now they have to exercise or sasha gets stripped of his mandatory status. he exercised it so now the ball is in K2's hands. they requested a extension & if they win then povetkin will have to wait but if the request is denied(i doubt it will be denied because it's a klitschko)then wlad has to fight povetkin or povetkin becomes the "super champion". i'd just fight him & get it over with. the klitschko's are not like other champions of the past. the belts mean everything to the klitschko's so he won't vacate his belt. where as other guys from the past would just vacate their belt to go for the money fights instead. lennox vacated 2 of his belts during his reign, foreman was stripped of both of his belts after beating moorer. i want to see this fight.
            The Povetkin fight will probably happen in the summer as there will be some complex negotiations. Wlad will then make a voluntary defense before this, on April 6, and hopefully everything falls in place with Sauerland during this time.
            And you are right, Wlad is not letting go of any belts. After all, that's the masterpiece the bros achieved together, keeping all belts in between them with dominance and longevity.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
              And somehow you know that K2 wins a pursebid. Ok pal. Carry on.
              He's got "inside information" on this mate. Haha.

The Povetkin fight will probably happen in the summer as there will be some complex negotiations. Wlad will then make a voluntary defense before this, on April 6, and hopefully everything falls in place with Sauerland during this time.
              And you are right, Wlad is not letting go of any belts. After all, that's the masterpiece the bros achieved together, keeping all belts in between them with dominance and longevity.
              Oh God. This is nauseating.

Comment

Povetkin refuses to fight Wlad twice after the purse bid!!!!

Wlad is The Champ. Not Povetkin, he is just a contender.

Comment

there lies the problem. we need 1 champion not 2. if haye fought vitali & beat him then wlad\haye 2 would be the fight to consolidate the belts for the 1st time since lennox\holyfield. it would be the most important fight since then. even if it's for 1 day before the bodies start stripping belts. we will know who the champion really is. this would be the 1st time since the WBO became a world title(2004)that a HW consolidated all 4 belts. the last time it happened the WBO was not recognized. we need 1 champion. that's why wlad should get this povetkin fight over with so if a unification fight were to come up it could be this summer. if vitali retires then arreola\stiverne is for the WBC belt. arreola will blow stiverne out in 1 round & wlad\arreola could also be a matchup for all the belts in the summer at an outdoor soccer stadium.

Comment

What ****in nerve these dumb ****s have! Hasn't it been well documented that Wlad's been chasing Povetkin for like 3 years while it was Povetkin who earned the shot? STFU maybe Klits doesn't want to just do what you tell him! Now it's time for you clowns to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                      there lies the problem. we need 1 champion not 2. if haye fought vitali & beat him then wlad\haye 2 would be the fight to consolidate the belts for the 1st time since lennox\holyfield. it would be the most important fight since then. even if it's for 1 day before the bodies start stripping belts. we will know who the champion really is. this would be the 1st time since the WBO became a world title(2004)that a HW consolidated all 4 belts. the last time it happened the WBO was not recognized. we need 1 champion. that's why wlad should get this povetkin fight over with so if a unification fight were to come up it could be this summer. if vitali retires then arreola\stiverne is for the WBC belt. arreola will blow stiverne out in 1 round & wlad\arreola could also be a matchup for all the belts in the summer at an outdoor soccer stadium.
                      I agree with everything, Joe.
                      The bros wrote HW history, but it's time to have 1 champ when Vitali retires. Vitali should retire this year.

Comment

Working...
                      X