GGG's Team Wants Him To Fight 5 Times This Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GGG's Team Wants Him To Fight 5 Times This Year

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...,2376599.story

The article is about how he's gonna inherit Pacquiao's mantle of a fans dynamic power puncher, but it also mentions the title.

And that's awesome for my entertainment, therefore I am all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
      And that's awesome for my entertainment, therefore I am all for it.
      It's funny, I saw a video where Khazak fans called Shumenov the Khazak Pacquiao

Comment

I ain't the decision maker for Gennady but it sounds like too much. Unless he's fighting three real bums in between time it sounds like burn out for a guy in a weight division with some big hard hitting dudes. Two more quality guys would be enough. As a fan.................fuk it. Do what you do

Comment

find some local hometown favorites who are rated, go in, get rid of them and move on. Rosado was a good choice, hell come to fight, make it fun and he's kinda popular. Making up for lost time in a hurry...he can do it here and overseas, his appeal will build quickly if all goes well...probably wont even take 5 fights depending on who and where the first big fight is. from the article it sounds like in June which would be his 3rd of the year.
          Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-09-2013, 08:16 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
            I ain't the decision maker for Gennady but it sounds like too much. Unless he's fighting three real bums in between time it sounds like burn out for a guy in a weight division with some big hard hitting dudes. Two more quality guys would be enough. As a fan.................fuk it. Do what you do
            That's pretty much how i feel. I'd rather see 3 fights against top opponents though. I would love to see him get some exposure on a PPV undercard.

Comment

i'd be fine with 2 after rosado if they're both quality opponents. quality over quantity, but either way, hopefully he gets televised on american networks. it might be too early for hbo to do one, but i kind of hope they're doing a "2 days" for his rosado bout.

Comment

Here is his next opponent

Comment

Originally posted by iseah100 View Post
                  That's pretty much how i feel. I'd rather see 3 fights against top opponents though. I would love to see him get some exposure on a PPV undercard.
                  Provided he wins against my boy Rosado and Canelo backs out, it would be good to see him on that card May 4th against Quinllin. You know just to clear the air in the division a little. As you can see I don't think their plans will remain the same after the 19th but its possible.

Comment

Nigel Benn fought twelve times in 1987 so 5 is more than do-able.

Comment

Working...
                    X