Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should Martinez fight Macklin/Andy Lee or Pirog in Russia?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
    And what evidence have you provided?

Do lies count as evidence?

Ah well....

19 Q. So if you added up everything that was
    20 going to Mr. King's side of the table though, it
    21 was half of the profits from Europe plus all of
    22 the money from the U.S.?
    23 A. Correct.
    you just said "Calzaghe was guaranteed $2m and the rest of the European revenue was to be split 50/50."

now you are saying king is getting half of all the european profit? see what i mean when i say your story doesn't make sense. the numbers just don't fit.

warren was found guilty of trying to screw king and had to pay him 7 million dollars so obviously he tried this trick on king before. hopkins didn't fall for his lies but obviously you did.

Comment

Its relevant to the debate. You see Daggum calls Sergio a "pansy" for not fighting Pirog but makes up lies and excuses for Hopkins not fight Joe.

Its amazing how the ones who scream loudest are the biggest hypocrites.
      You right. . . lol sorry i just want ALL AMMO concentrated on Martinez being a hoe-cake!

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        you just said "Calzaghe was guaranteed $2m and the rest of the European revenue was to be split 50/50."

now you are saying king is getting half of all the european profit? see what i mean when i say your story doesn't make sense. the numbers just don't fit.

warren was found guilty of trying to screw king and had to pay him 7 million dollars so obviously he tried this trick on king before. hopkins didn't fall for his lies but obviously you did.
        Those are not my words. Those are Warrens. You know....the guy you were trying to quote before to back up your argument.

Now Warrens a liar

Comment

Those are not my words. Those are Warrens. You know....the guy you were trying to quote before to back up your argument.

Now Warrens a liar
          you just said calzaghe was guaranteed 2 million plus half of the european profits. so you were lying then?

Comment

you just said calzaghe was guaranteed 2 million plus half of the european profits. so you were lying then?
            No. You said Calzaghe was getting $5m....lol wut? Blatantly lied.

Comment

who won that fight anyway daggum? bwuuahahahahahahahaha

Comment

Its relevant to the debate. You see Daggum calls Sergio a "pansy" for not fighting Pirog but makes up lies and excuses for Hopkins not fight Joe.

Its amazing how the ones who scream loudest are the biggest hypocrites.
                uhhh i don't care about hopkins. i called him a ducker when he ducked chad dawson for years. but did he really duck calzaghe here? i think not.

did warren even try to make the fight in the usa? nope. he only wanted hopkins to come to wales and that unwillingness could have ended negotiations right there. everyone would have called calzaghe a ducker for refusing to come over but hopkins was at least somewhat interested so he agreed to the fight but when he found out how much the gate/ppv would generate he asked for more. maybe it was to duck the fight but why even negotiate/accept the offer in the first place? he thought was deserved more of the pot since he was the star and he was going over there.

hopkins was getting 3 million plus half of the ppv/gate. if the ppv/gate was 5 million that's 5.5 million. so hopkins asked for another 500k out of the ppv/gate or 6 million total and warren refused to give it. if warren was really serious/confident in joe beating him then he should have given a little more. calzaghe was a nobody at that time and hopkins was the p4p king. imagine what a win does for calzaghe? explodes his popularity/drawing power but warren probably thought calzaghe couldn't win and he didn't want to cash calzaghe out and not make as much as possible so he rejected hopkins offer.

also remember joe calzaghe said he was scared of flying that's why he couldn't fight prime hopkins and jones. joe calzaghe was scared to fight glen johnson on 3 seperate occasions. joe calzaghe said "i dont want tough fights i just want to make money" joe calzaghe has a swiss cheese resume. joe calzaghe's own promoter said joe only wanted easy fights. it's hard to take him seriously when you factor in all this evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by uglypug View Post
                  who won that fight anyway daggum? bwuuahahahahahahahaha
                  hopkins outlanded him in most of the rounds but calzaghe tried hard so he got the pity points. go figure hopkins got robbed in his own country anyway. karma!

calzaghe was hbo's new marketing puppet. they made calzaghe fight in the usa and already had jones/calzaghe on ppv all setup if calzaghe won. no surprise that calzaghe got the decision. landing punches doesn't matter when money is on the line. listen to the hbo commentators ignore most of hopkin's punches while pretending calzaghe was doing great. hilarious. no way calzaghe deserved to win. look at the judges scorecards through 3 rounds. hopkins dominated those rounds but they were still giving them to calzaghe. the fix was already in.
                  Last edited by daggum; 10-10-2011, 11:09 PM.

Comment

uhhh i don't care about hopkins. i called him a ducker when he ducked chad dawson for years. but did he really duck calzaghe here? i think not.

did warren even try to make the fight in the usa? nope. he only wanted hopkins to come to wales and that unwillingness could have ended negotiations right there. everyone would have called calzaghe a ducker for refusing to come over but hopkins was at least somewhat interested so he agreed to the fight but when he found out how much the gate/ppv would generate he asked for more. maybe it was to duck the fight but why even negotiate/accept the offer in the first place? he thought was deserved more of the pot since he was the star and he was going over there.

hopkins was getting 3 million plus half of the ppv/gate. if the ppv/gate was 5 million that's 5.5 million. so hopkins asked for another 500k out of the ppv/gate or 6 million total and warren refused to give it. if warren was really serious/confident in joe beating him then he should have given a little more. calzaghe was a nobody at that time and hopkins was the p4p king. imagine what a win does for calzaghe? explodes his popularity/drawing power but warren probably thought calzaghe couldn't win and he didn't want to cash calzaghe out and not make as much as possible so he rejected hopkins offer.

also remember joe calzaghe said he was scared of flying that's why he couldn't fight prime hopkins and jones. joe calzaghe was scared to fight glen johnson on 3 seperate occasions. joe calzaghe said "i dont want tough fights i just want to make money" joe calzaghe has a swiss cheese resume. joe calzaghe's own promoter said joe only wanted easy fights. it's hard to take him seriously when you factor in all this evidence.
                    Why are you changing your original story and padding out your posts worse then Warren padded Joe's resume?

So you admit you were lying?

Hopkins asked for $6m guranteed. He was guranteed $3m in the original deal. He priced himself out and ducked Calzaghe.

Good day sir.

Comment

Why are you changing your original story and padding out your posts worse then Warren padded Joe's resume?

So you admit you were lying?

Hopkins asked for $6m guranteed. He was guranteed $3m in the original deal. He priced himself out and ducked Calzaghe.

Good day sir.
                      fighters ask to guarantee their money all the time. why are you pretending like that's a big deal? you know how often a promoter will promise a fighter a cut of the gate/ppv then never give it? when it's such a big pot a fighter will almost always get part of it guaranteed. in this case hopkins wasn't so he asked warren to guarantee it for him in advance. in essence calling his bluff. if warren couldn't guarantee that much it means 2 things. either he was lying about being able to generate that much in the first place(which makes his original negotiations bull) or he didn't want to give up a little more of the pot because he never wanted calzaghe to fight hopkins. either way he was not serious. he should have guaranteed the money to hopkins anyway even if he had to take a loss. if calzaghe won he would be a huge star. like i said warren had no confidence in calzaghe winning so he didn't take the fight. what do you expect when your fighter is scared of sven ottke and can't even beat robin reid. when you fight the number 1 p4p fighter you play by his rules. maybe you and warren should learn that.
                      Last edited by daggum; 10-10-2011, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X