Collapse
No announcement yet.

Beating bundu and Algeri puts you on Atlas's p4p list

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's more about how he beat them in comparison to other world champions or former champions that fought those guys

Comment

Badou Jack deserves to be on the lists. He defeated Direll, groves, and degale.

Comment

OP was so butthurt about the list, he decided to make a thread about it, comparing a "p4p" fighter's resume with a prospect's.

Comment

sure why not, lets get upset about a pretend list.

Comment

When rating boxers pfp you are allowed to rate them on how good you think they are even if they have yet to beat anybody that good. It's not how good they have proven to be by actual wins. That's resume. That's how boxers get a high rating as a contender. If you think a boxer is great for his weight class based on what you have seen so far then you can rate him highly pfp. Spence hasn't beaten anybody better than Algeri and Bundu and that isn't much. It's the way he beat them. He got Algeri out of there very quickly and even Pacquiao couldn't do that. He slaughtered Bundu and KOed him and Thurman failed to do that. I love what I see in Spence and I think he can beat any welterweight in the world. He gets a high place on my PFP list even without any big wins. Atlas favors black American boxers over all others. It may sound strange but it's true. He is hard on foreign boxers. GGG not being in the top 10 pound for pound is crazy to me. Still pfp is just personal opinion and can seldom be proven right or wrong. That's Atlas's list and his opinion and he has a right to it even if many including me disagree with it.

Comment

Spence is number 10 on that list and shouldnt even be on there yet he hasn't even won a belt.

GGG is an unbeaten champion and defended it multiple times he should be on that list.

Im still scratching my head with this one as well lol.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                Spence is number 10 on that list and shouldnt even be on there yet he hasn't even won a belt.

GGG is an unbeaten champion and defended it multiple times he should be on that list.

Im still scratching my head with this one as well lol.
                GGG hasn't really beaten anybody despite being a Champion

Atlas is a trainer and goes by other things besides achievements.

He sees things in Spence that are not there in Golovkin.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                  Spence is on the list because he stopped guys that others on Atlas's list did not.

If you have Pac on the list (and Atlas does) how can Spence not be on it when Errol stopped a guy Pac couldn't?

If Thurman is on the list (and he is) how can Spence not be on it when he stopped a guy Keith couldn't?

Not hard to understand, really.
                  Maybe the worst logic in the world. KO doesn't automatically equal better. Also there were years between their fights with Thurman and Pac and their fights with Spence. That's like saying "if Floyd and Pac are p4p how can Mundine not be on it when he stopped Mosely and they couldn't"

It's an even worse version of triangle theory logic.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
                    Maybe the worst logic in the world. KO doesn't automatically equal better. Also there were years between their fights with Thurman and Pac and their fights with Spence. That's like saying "if Floyd and Pac are p4p how can Mundine not be on it when he stopped Mosely and they couldn't"

It's an even worse version of triangle theory logic.
                    No, sometimes you CAN gauge from common opponents, even in boxing.

Nice example, tho. A washed up Mosley who had no business fighting at all is not the same as the guy Floyd faced or even the one Pac dominated.

Algieri was only 2 years removed from Pac and 32. I'm guessing Spence and Pac faced pretty much the same guy.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                      Spence is on the list because he stopped guys that others on Atlas's list did not.

If you have Pac on the list (and Atlas does) how can Spence not be on it when Errol stopped a guy Pac couldn't?

If Thurman is on the list (and he is) how can Spence not be on it when he stopped a guy Keith couldn't?

Not hard to understand, really.
                      GGG has stopped many opponents that no one has stopped and where better than bundu or algeri.

Comment

Working...
                      X