Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Carlos Ocampo Ordered By The IBF

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's a stay busy fight. Not all fights have to be elite level opponents. In fact, it's rare to see any champion today fight two top dogs per year. They usually go one and one. Spence says he wants to fight three times this year. He took out Peterson which everyone expected, he will KO Ocanto, and hopefully the end of the year sees him in there with a more competitive opponent. Mikey Garcia says he wants it, so lets see if he keeps his word or if Haymon even tries to make that fight.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence vs. Carlos Ocampo Ordered By The IBF

The IBF seemingly made Errol Spence Jr.'s decision on his next opponent for him. According to a story posted by ESPN.com on Tuesday, the New Jersey-based sanctioning organization has ordered Spence to make a mandatory defense of his IBF welterweight title against Carlos Ocampo.
      [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Whatever...stay busy, keep in the public eye, keep putting on performances boxing fans enjoy, and stay on Thurman's ***** ass.

Comment

Originally posted by future hendrixx View Post
          them mofos sound scared to me.

but you really think al haymon can force danny,thurman and porter to face spence by just snapping his fingers. I don't think he has that kinda power. if the fighters show no interest he can't do sht about it. spence said it himself he tried to get those fights through haymon and they all turned it down. haymon might be the HNIC but he aint no damn magician. he cant force none of these guys to fight spence.
          Again I don't buy this BS that the fighters are all scared and if Haymon really can't get guys in his own damn stable to fight him then he should of took that Golden Boy deal to fight Cotto last year or needs to sign with Top Rank. Because if Golden Boy can get Cotto to fight Spence and Top Rank can get a guy like Horn to fight Crawford (who everyone thinks is going to destroy him) but Haymon can't get Thurman, Porter, Danny to fight Spence? Sorry I don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Why does it have to be 1 or the other? He can't be active and at least fight 1 quality opponent in a 12 month span? That's too much to ask for? If Spence just fought Danny or Porter and then fought a bum mandatory nobody would care. But you sit 8 months on the shelf not fighting and fight a bum and now you going to fight a bum mandatory probably in the next 4-6 months. That's at minimum 12-14 months without a real fight. And that's if there is no delays in making his next fight. We were told last year he would be back in Fall, then it was pushed back to Nov/Dec then finally pushed to Jan 2018. So there is no guarantee he makes 2 more fights in 2018 not after looking at a lot of Haymon fighters who are inactive in 2017 including Spence. If he were an older fighter or huge PPV draw I could understand 1 or 2 fights a year but he's still a young fighter developing and trying to build a fanbase should be doing both fighting more active and stepping up the competition. And it's not like he doesn't have opponents in his promotional/network stable that's what's frustrating. The fighters are there why are these guys either sitting on the sidelines or fighting bums?
            Listen. All I'm saying is he's active doe!

Comment

Trash fight. I really dislike the IBF.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                garbage and total waste of time fight. But why does Spence need to depend on rankings and belt orgs for fights when Haymon owns most of the entire division? If Haymon wanted to he could make Spence vs Danny, Spence vs Porter, Spence vs Thurman, ect. Spence has no control over fights with Top Rank and other promoter fighters because politics and networks are real road blocks. But what point is being with Haymon if you can't have access to his top fighters? Most of which are fighting only once a year anyway. Hate on Arum all you want but he makes his top guys all fight each other you will get a round robin of Crawford, Horn, Pac with rematches and probably trilogies. Where there is a strong chance that Spence isn't allowed to fight any of the top guys under Haymon in 2018, just like he didn't in 2017 or 2016. Haymon will sacrifice guys he don't care about like Peterson but it looks like Haymon is scared that Spence will ruin his other guys so he's not making those fights. I don't for 1 moment think the fighters are scared.
                Spence's goal is to get all the belts. So he won't go away of his way to drop one.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
                  Spence's goal is to get all the belts. So he won't go away of his way to drop one.
                  he doesn't need to drop shyt. Thurman is a world champ and IBF would all him to delay a mandatory for a unification fight. And Porter/Danny/Spence were both free to fight anytime since last Fall. Instead of them fighting each other they all had major mismatches and Spence wasted a voluntary defense on bum Peterson. My beef ain't with Spence he has ZERO control of his career right now he fights who Haymon tells him. Haymon made him sit out almost all last year and has lined up 2 back to back bum fights for 2018. And made him sit out 9 months to go after a IBF title rather then get him a direct title shot with one of the other champs he controls at welterweight. Then sat out 8 more months just to fight Peterson. While guys like Rios, Peterson, Granados ect don't have to wait around for mandatories for title shots they jump the red tape because they down with Haymon. You can't in 1 breathe tell me how powerful Haymon is and then tell me in the 1 division where he has the biggest strong hold on he can't get his best fighter better fights?
                  Last edited by bigdunny1; 01-23-2018, 03:04 PM.

Comment

It’s a double edged sword with IBF. They actually enforce mandatories so champions can’t avoid them but the problem is their mandatories are usually absolutely terrible. The IBF need to make their rankings more objective and accurate.

Comment

A one sided beatdown by Spence

Comment

Working...
                      X