• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
    Disgusting.

Comment

Apparently, Weinstein's pery behavior has been a Hollywood inside-joke for years

The second video is less strong because that joke could work with lots of men in power, even if they have never sexually harassed anyone.

The first video though is convincing. It means that at the least, they knew that rejecting sexual advances from Weinstein would likely have negative consequences. And at worst, means that they knew of and learned to live with Weinstein's behavior as something one has to deal with in order to make it in Hollywood.
      Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-13-2017, 09:16 AM.

Comment

i hope the shit blows up in their perverted faces!

Comment

The Hollywood elite protected Harvey Weinsten like the Catholic cardinals protected pedophile priests.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            The second video is less strong because that joke could work with lots of men in power, even if they have never sexually harassed anyone.

The first video though is convincing. It means that at the least, they knew that rejecting sexual advances from Weinstein would likely have negative consequences.
            No, I disagree. The first video is just as damning and implies that the Hollywood elite knew of Weinsten's inappropriate behavior. That joke doesn't work for other powerful movies execs, like George Lucas or Steven Spielberg...

Comment

No, I disagree. The first video is just as damning and implies that the Hollywood elite knew of Weinsten's inappropriate behavior. That joke doesn't work for other powerful movies execs, like George Lucas or Steven Spielberg...
              Did you mean second video?

What I meant is that, you could pretend to be attracted to anyone if you think it will move you ahead. I'm sure that happens plenty in and out of Hollywood. But doing that doesn't explicitly demonstrate that the person on the receiving end coerced or even asked you to do so. Pretending to be attracted to someone could just be in the way you talk to them or act around them, and does not necessitate anything sexual happening.

The first video on the other hand directly suggests that it would be brave to reject sexual advances from Weinstein. Which means that both have a mutual understanding that doing so would likely result in something negative and significant happening to you. That's a LOT more damning.
              Last edited by BrometheusBob.; 10-13-2017, 09:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post

The first video though is convincing. It means that at the least, they knew that rejecting sexual advances from Weinstein would likely have negative consequences. And at worst, means that they knew of and learned to live with Weinstein's behavior as something one has to deal with in order to make it in Hollywood.

Comment

Originally posted by Chups View Post

Walters: "You're damaging an entire industry"

What a v1tch!
                  As if the industry is some holy place. I bet she knows something too, probably involving someone close to her if not her.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post

Greened...

Comment

Im disgusted! What was he thinking? Gwyneth Paltrow

Comment

Working...
                      X