Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Official: "One Time" Thurman vs "Swift" Garcia Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are some instances where I've gone against the grain and picked the underdog or at least gone the other way from who the boards pick. Case in point was both "Garcia/Matthysse" and "Juanma Lopez/Orlando Salido 1".

Having said that, this is NOT one of those cases. The polls reflect what I think is most likely. And that is that Thurman will most likely win a decision. Garcia has, in my opinion, more significant wins (as underdog) but they date back to 2012-2013 versus Khan/Matthysse. He killed his entire momentum by being inactive, fighting average/below average competition, and looking bad in a couple of them (Herrera/Peterson). He's tough, but Thurman has all the advantages going into this one.

The one detail I think everyone is overlooking, but won't be enough to beat Thurman, is García's extensive amateur career, which undoubtedly helped him vs. Matthysse.

Thurman should be the favorite, but I hope Garcia wins so I can see the boards go bananas again like it did after Matthysse lost.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
      There are some instances where I've gone against the grain and picked the underdog or at least gone the other way from who the boards pick. Case in point was both "Garcia/Matthysse" and "Juanma Lopez/Orlando Salido 1".

Having said that, this is NOT one of those cases. The polls reflect what I think is most likely. And that is that Thurman will most likely win a decision. Garcia has, in my opinion, more significant wins (as underdog) but they date back to 2012-2013 versus Khan/Matthysse. He killed his entire momentum by being inactive, fighting average/below average competition, and looking bad in a couple of them (Herrera/Peterson). He's tough, but Thurman has all the advantages going into this one.

The one detail I think everyone is overlooking, but won't be enough to beat Thurman, is García's extensive amateur career, which undoubtedly helped him vs. Matthysse.

Thurman should be the favorite, but I hope Garcia wins so I can see the boards go bananas again like it did after Matthysse lost.
      I will be pissed if Garcia wins not because I got a prediction wrong or that Thurman lost (I expect Thurman to win but am not a "fan" of either) but because Garcia, like Canelo to me, is a pure hype job who does nothing spectacular and has nothing unique to his game. I have been wanting him to eat a loss since he became a "name" and til the day I die, I will firmly believe that Lucas beats him 9/10 times and we happened to see that one time when they fought. His fans are ****y and idiotic and this is the one fighter I watch to hope I see him get a Broner type humbling, it's long overdue.

Comment

I believe Thurman has the edge on this one but then there is the question of where would this fight take place? That can have an affect on who wins this one.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
          I will be pissed if Garcia wins not because I got a prediction wrong or that Thurman lost (I expect Thurman to win but am not a "fan" of either) but because Garcia, like Canelo to me, is a pure hype job who does nothing spectacular and has nothing unique to his game. I have been wanting him to eat a loss since he became a "name" and til the day I die, I will firmly believe that Lucas beats him 9/10 times and we happened to see that one time when they fought. His fans are ****y and idiotic and this is the one fighter I watch to hope I see him get a Broner type humbling, it's long overdue.
          Hype job? Who has ever hyped up Danny Garcia? He's the most hated fighter on this site lol.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
            Hype job? Who has ever hyped up Danny Garcia? He's the most hated fighter on this site lol.
            The 3 of you repping him hard have been shoving him down our throats forever lol.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
              The 3 of you repping him hard have been shoving him down our throats forever lol.

lol nah. I just show up after he proves all the doubters wrong every time.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                lol nah. I just show up after he proves all the doubters wrong every time.
                Thurman is gonna get in that a$$ lol.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                  Danny Garcia barely got by Lamont & should have lost to Herrera--- yet there are people that actually think he can beat Thurman? I hope the odds are good. I'll be betting a lot of money against him.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

Garcia loses to Spence, Thurman, Porter, and Brook.
                  Vargas , berto,broner

Comment

Thurman is very heavy handed at 147. He can break turtle guards with his overhand combos and rattle guys in the process, those opponents being ''seasoned'' 147 fighters. I think this will be the fight that breaks Garcia's momentum in setting up the shots he wants. Thurman is a great sneak attack pouncer. Meaning he can lunge forward and come with a hook, jab, or uppercut. Thurman is great at picking up open areas on the face. He has proven that. The same way Herrera knew when to pick spots with the jab. Lamont is just better defensively coming forward when turtling up and forcing his jab, as we saw in the fight.

Props to Garcia for taking on this fight. He has no choice. In fact the cherry picking phrase forced Garcia to take this fight. And as others have theorized, it's perhaps best to take this bout vs Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by hhs661 View Post
                      Idc if I'm all kinds of wrong on my prediction but I'm ready for this fight

Thurman by corner stoppage!!
                      I also think this will be the case....stoppage on cuts.

Comment

Working...
                      X