No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo's Trainer: Mayweather Wants a Lower Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
    Without the belt, people would still say Floyd should fight him. Floyd cant even make 54, to me, any fight above 47, is a bonus fight. I dont think he's obligated to put his 36 yr old body through a fight with these big guys. Im almost shocked so many people are accusing him of ducking Canelo's bum azz, when Canelo doesnt really deserve the fight. Just because he's a draw?
    Right. Let's see Canelo take on Ward at 168. Bet Ward would make cinnamon crumplings out of Canelo.

Comment

Without the belt, people would still say Floyd should fight him. Floyd cant even make 54, to me, any fight above 47, is a bonus fight. I dont think he's obligated to put his 36 yr old body through a fight with these big guys. Im almost shocked so many people are accusing him of ducking Canelo's bum azz, when Canelo doesnt really deserve the fight. Just because he's a draw?
      Who said Floyd should fight DLH at 154? Nobody. Boxing fans preferred the Margarito fight. Who said Floyd should fight Cotto at 154? nobody, they preferred the fight at 147, in 2008.

Comment

• Originally posted by ColdCa$hCanelo View Post
        Fight the guys boxing fans want to see you fight and there won't be a problem.

Pretty simple concept that has kept the sport going for decades.
        coldcash - that's very true. and the reason hy I haven't ordered Mayweathers last couple of fights bc he always takes a figt vs a good fighter but never the tough fights that the fans really want to see - Tszyu in '05,Margarito in '06, Pac in '09-'10, Martinez in '12, Canelo in '13.
        and believe me Im not saying ghese fighters would win. he wuoldve schooled Margarito for ex, but Its the pattern with him and I refuse to spend $70 of my hard earned $ when he will rarely give the fans the fights they truly want to see

Comment

• Originally posted by TBOGGS78 View Post
          This is one of the most sensible comments posted on here.
          Apparently you didn't see that his post was a joke which was obvious with how he slowly moved Canelo's weight up to over 175! Now the joke is on you.
          Last edited by richardt; 05-11-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mathed View Post
            The fact remains, Floyd does have the belt.....no hypothetical, just reality.
            Who cares tho? If he gave the belt up, people will say he gave it up to duck. Im not even a floyd fan. But its crazy that people cant see the logic in this. I think some people just want Floyd to fight a big boy because it may help his chances in losing. Not happening. And yes Floyd DID duck Pakyman.

Comment

What, and RG did by dint of fighting Aydin and the mighty Berto?

A tip : try not to pull 'but he was the mando' out of your ass as your lot have already made yourselves look like total bumsniffs all through this thread. Just trying to make this more level....no catchweight

Comment

• Originally posted by rasdun View Post
                u notice the difference - all the fights u named is fighters moving UP in weight. Big difference than losing 7 more lbs that u don't have to lose
                No doubt it's harder to lose than it is to gain, but you are begging to fight a 147 pounder maybe you might have to give a little to get what you want is the point. I mean there are other fights for Canelo that would be entertaining at JMW so Floyd is not his only option but he wants the money that Mayweather brings. I mean I'm sure people would watch Canelo vs Angulo or Kirkland or Lara or Martinez.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindBat View Post
                  Right. Let's see Canelo take on Ward at 168. Bet Ward would make cinnamon crumplings out of Canelo.
                  yeah - that makes sense - Mayweather wont fight a fight in a weightclass he just fought in last yr, but Canelo should move up 2 weight classes. OK

Comment

Who said Floyd should fight DLH at 154? Nobody. Boxing fans preferred the Margarito fight. Who said Floyd should fight Cotto at 154? nobody, they preferred the fight at 147, in 2008.
                    Both DLH and Cotto had wins and title belts at 154.

Comment

I already said, any fight at 54, is a bonus fight for Floyd. He isnt OBLIGATED to fight at those weights, thats his personal choice if he wants to put his 36 yr old body through that. And YES Floyd did duck Pac, margarita, and Cotto.

Comment

Working...
                      X