Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather: Canelo Made Khan Comatose, I Beat Canelo Easy!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mindgames View Post
    Yeah but we've talked about Golovkin and i agree with you about alot of things. But you still like Saunders who cheated to fight Andrade. You still like Charlo who ran from Jacobs. You still like Canelo who will fight guys like Fielding at 168,but makes Chavez make 164.You have opinions on things other than Golovkin im sure. Im pretty sure he fought hes killer twice too, a much younger man, who is the superstar of boxing, at an age where most fighters are done. The majority of people thought he'd won the first fight and the second was as hard as hell. Its just your caught up in the subject so much you cant see the rest of the division. He's at the end of hes career now, let him go...

I am not winding up Golovkin

I am winding up his dickhead fans

I will let it go when they stop bashing (often) BETTER fighters

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      I am not winding up Golovkin

I am winding up his dickhead fans

I will let it go when they stop bashing (often) BETTER fighters
      But come on man. Sauders isnt one of them. He wound me up more than anyone ever could with the Andrade mess. The last big fights at middle, out of four i can think of, all involved Golovkin. At the tail end of a somewhat underachieving career for me. But he didnt cheat, rarely pulled out, took hes lumps.Coming up he was signed to fight Pirog, who ended up injured and retired. You guys exagerate all this coward stuff. I dont like Saunders and Canelo too much, but id never call them that. The brain injury risk is real. You don't wind me up if thats the plan. I like our little chats. 😂

Comment

But come on man. Sauders isnt one of them. He wound me up more than anyone ever could with the Andrade mess. The last big fights at middle, out of four i can think of, all involved Golovkin. At the tail end of a somewhat underachieving career for me. But he didnt cheat, rarely pulled out, took hes lumps.Coming up he was signed to fight Pirog, who ended up injured and retired. You guys exagerate all this coward stuff. I dont like Saunders and Canelo too much, but id never call them that. The brain injury risk is real. You don't wind me up if thats the plan. I like our little chats. ��

I'm not sure ??

have you bashed proven warriors like Martinez, Cotto, Ward, Canelo, Mayweather, Hopkins, Froch, Hagler, Monzon..... in order to somehow elevate Golovkin?

if not, then no..... if so, then that is the plan alright

I got REALLY sick of that shlt man

especially following right on the heels of pac-nation doing the same thing

it could take me YEARS to get over that

Comment

I'm not sure ??

have you bashed proven warriors like Martinez, Cotto, Ward, Canelo, Mayweather, Hopkins, Froch, Hagler, Monzon..... in order to somehow elevate Golovkin?

if not, then no..... if so, then that is the plan alright

I got REALLY sick of that shlt man

especially following right on the heels of pac-nation doing the same thing

it could take me YEARS to get over that
          I had a feeling you were a survivor from the May/Pac wars. It mustve been tough 😂

Comment

I had a feeling you were a survivor from the May/Pac wars. It mustve been tough 😂

maybe it was.....

..... until KTFO6

" KTFO6 " could have meant a number of things up until that point in time..... but it only means one thing now

oh, and the Mayweather win also helped nicely with that

just like the Canelo win bought the golov-muppets back down to earth and stopped then from bashing Hopkins Hagler and Monzon

hard to dream about your guy beating Monzon and Hagler, when he just got beaten up by a fat red kid

Comment

maybe it was.....

..... until KTFO6

" KTFO6 " could have meant a number of things up until that point in time..... but it only means one thing now

oh, and the Mayweather win also helped nicely with that

just like the Canelo win bought the golov-muppets back down to earth and stopped then from bashing Hopkins Hagler and Monzon

hard to dream about your guy beating Monzon and Hagler, when he just got beaten up by a fat red kid
              To be fair they were two close fights Golovkin had with Canelo though, at an age where most middleweights are totally finished. I dont bash fighters as far a courage ect, but we all have opinions on cross era fights. I do think Hopkins was a great boxer, but also a blatant cheater in the ring. He fell and hurt himself a few times when it was going against him. He's low blow act against Calzaghe was smart, but very obvious cheating. And Dawson would take alot of living down for another fighter. I dont think he's quite there with Hagler or Monzon for me.

Comment

To be fair they were two close fights Golovkin had with Canelo though, at an age where most middleweights are totally finished. I dont bash fighters as far a courage ect, but we all have opinions on cross era fights. I do think Hopkins was a great boxer, but also a blatant cheater in the ring. He fell and hurt himself a few times when it was going against him. He's low blow act against Calzaghe was smart, but very obvious cheating. And Dawson would take alot of living down for another fighter. I dont think he's quite there with Hagler or Monzon for me.

it is easier to mention Hopkins and Hagler in the same sentence, than it is to mention Golovkin and Hopkins

you criticize Hopkins in the ring, but just signing to fight guys like Kovalev at 49yo is a much bigger risk than anything Golovkin ever did..... Golovkin would not even consider taking fights like that

that undressing of Pavlik was the stuff of legends, let me know if Hypekin even attempts something like that

Hopkins and Golovkin are cut from a totally different cloth, this is a silly discussion

Comment

it is easier to mention Hopkins and Hagler in the same sentence, than it is to mention Golovkin and Hopkins

you criticize Hopkins in the ring, but just signing to fight guys like Kovalev at 49yo is a much bigger risk than anything Golovkin ever did..... Golovkin would not even consider taking fights like that

that undressing of Pavlik was the stuff of legends, let me know if Hypekin even attempts something like that

Hopkins and Golovkin are cut from a totally different cloth, this is a silly discussion
                  It depends what you're basing the comparisons on. If your comparing Hopkins middleweight reign then it has similar tomato cans across hes defences. Blown up welters, including a guy in Oscar who looked like he was coming off a loss. The Pavlic win was very good, although Pavlics only wins of note ended up being Taylor, and a weight drained Tarver was a good performance. No one compares to Hopkins in longevity so far, but i think Hopkins fights with Taylor are comparable with Golovkins with Canelo.. But i was talking about pulling cons jobs in the ring really. The first Allen fight,Dawson,the theatrics with Jones 2 and the glass back of the head. The clear cheating against Calzaghe. Another con job with Smith. Sure, he went the distance with Kovalev at an advanced age that nobody else can compare with, but for being a great compared to Hagler and Monzon theres a flaw in Hopkins that stops him far short for me.

Comment

It depends what you're basing the comparisons on. If your comparing Hopkins middleweight reign then it has similar tomato cans across hes defences. Blown up welters, including a guy in Oscar who looked like he was coming off a loss. The Pavlic win was very good, although Pavlics only wins of note ended up being Taylor, and a weight drained Tarver was a good performance. No one compares to Hopkins in longevity so far, but i think Hopkins fights with Taylor are comparable with Golovkins with Canelo.. But i was talking about pulling cons jobs in the ring really. The first Allen fight,Dawson,the theatrics with Jones 2 and the glass back of the head. The clear cheating against Calzaghe. Another con job with Smith. Sure, he went the distance with Kovalev at an advanced age that nobody else can compare with, but for being a great compared to Hagler and Monzon theres a flaw in Hopkins that stops him far short for me.

fair call

regarding this.....

"Hopkins middleweight reign then it has similar tomato cans across hes defences"

the point I was making is..... not only does Hopkins have some very good wins at middleweight, he made concessions to land those fights

Hopkins accepted 158 for Hoya, Golovkin refused 158 for Cotto and Canelo..... the fights were there, but Golovkin did not take them..... and everything Hopkins achieved above 160 is icing on the cake

having one win like Pavlik > turning down the fight

not arguing greatness, that is for the experts..... but the exact same points you made about Hopkins have also been levelled at Hagler..... a lot of mediocre fights, and his best wins were smaller guys coming up

not my words/thoughts, just saying.....

Comment

fair call

regarding this.....

"Hopkins middleweight reign then it has similar tomato cans across hes defences"

the point I was making is..... not only does Hopkins have some very good wins at middleweight, he made concessions to land those fights

Hopkins accepted 158 for Hoya, Golovkin refused 158 for Cotto and Canelo..... the fights were there, but Golovkin did not take them..... and everything Hopkins achieved above 160 is icing on the cake

having one win like Pavlik > turning down the fight

not arguing greatness, that is for the experts..... but the exact same points you made about Hopkins have also been levelled at Hagler..... a lot of mediocre fights, and his best wins were smaller guys coming up

not my words/thoughts, just saying.....
                      Did Canelo offer 158 for Golovkin, because i always thought it was strictly 155.158 wouldnt have been unreasonable in my view.Your right that alot of Haglers best wins were smaller guys coming up to be fair, being undisputed though meant at least at one point he didn't have any actual middleweight rivals either, although some people thought he shouldve tried a Qawi or a Spinks. I think hes fight with Hearns was so good, and Hearns winning the 175lb title, a couple of good wins there,make that win look alot better than lets say Trinidad and Oscar, but yeah, i see your point. The Duran win looks abit better after Duran going on to beat Barkley. But not so much that one. Im one of the few people i know that thinks Leonard deserved the win against Hagler, but that was a much older slower version, and played right into Rays strengths.

Comment

Working...
                      X