Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone else fed up of people mentioning Ortiz as an elite fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone else fed up of people mentioning Ortiz as an elite fighter?

The guy has done nothing to have this reputation as an elite. He's beaten nobody. He just fights bums. People keep saying he should get a title shot, why? What has he done to earn one since the last one he had? Why should he get a shot ahead of fighters that have done far more?

He's got to be the most overrated fighter in the sport right now.

I am. I regularly post about this. He hasn't beaten anybody of note and got stopped the only time he stepped up.

Comment

actually most of us are fed up with fgts like you trying to make him out to be complete shyt....ortiz is still a top 4 HW right now.....thats why whyte and joshua wouldnt fight him.......thats why hearn would rather fight usyk or whyte again after already beating him

Comment

He has a good amateur record doe... oh wait no he doesn't he just had a lot of insignicant fights and wasn't even the best in Cuba 4 times out of 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
          actually most of us are fed up with fgts like you trying to make him out to be complete shyt....ortiz is still a top 4 HW right now.....thats why whyte and joshua wouldnt fight him.......thats why hearn would rather fight usyk or whyte again after already beating him
          The only people (WBC) that rank Ortiz within the top 4 rank Whyte above him ******.

Comment

Not really, he's obviously one of the top heavyweights currently fighting. I'm tired of fans trying to discredit good fighters because it doesn't fit their agenda.

Comment

What's not to like?
              About 40 [give or take 20 according to some here] and still dances on his toes and has some pop in his punches.

Comment

Yup, the more I see him fight the more I think he's not elite. None of the current heavyweights are elite.

Comment

Knocking out Bryant Jennings is his biggest win. Wlad couldn't knock out Jennings!

Comment

He certainly looks like a better fighter than say Whyte or Chisora hell Eddie Hearn was blatant AF about not wanting to match him up with his British level boxers

Comment

Working...
                    X