Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just watched some Andre Ward fights & thank god he retired!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Illmatic94 View Post
    SOG ruined too many lives beating Quitvalev.
    So can you honestly say you enjoy watching Andre Ward fight? I think he has a brilliant boxing mind and I rated him very highly throughout his career but there's no escaping the fact his boxing was ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
      This dude was the epitome of a boring cheater. All that excessive clinching & head butts were disgusting to see & even worse a ref never too a point away. All Ward did was throw 1-2 then clinch or head butt. Ward inside game was alright not on Errol Spence level. What was even worse were his fans would called that sweet science master class boxing.

Seriously I like the dude as a person but as a boxer he is a piece of ****!
      yet you watched his fight and made a thread about him

Comment

Can you believe the UK fans are STILL asshurt about what happened to Kessler?

I can't.

Ward would have DOMINATED Calzaghe. Ok. Deal with it.

Comment

Joe Calzaghe would've hit him 3-4 times every time he tried to clinch

and Sven Ottke would've annihilated him by decision (in Germany ofc)

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
            Can you believe the UK fans are STILL asshurt about what happened to Kessler?

I can't.

Ward would have DOMINATED Calzaghe. Ok. Deal with it.
            Denmark isn’t in the UK.

Comment

Dirty fighter, and he got away with it his whole career!!! A W is a W

Comment

Originally posted by El Ondeado View Post
                This dude was the epitome of a boring cheater. All that excessive clinching & head butts were disgusting to see & even worse a ref never too a point away. All Ward did was throw 1-2 then clinch or head butt. Ward inside game was alright not on Errol Spence level. What was even worse were his fans would called that sweet science master class boxing.

Seriously I like the dude as a person but as a boxer he is a piece of ****!
                I disagree. For me, Ward was aggressive af, mean as hell, dirty, and very physical. The only time he ran and potshotted was against Kov in the first fight. Other than that, he has been very exciting and physical. Just didnt have much pop in the punches

Comment

He was definitely one of the more boring great fighters I've ever watched. Props to him, his ability to completely neutralize an opponent was impressive but it wasn't pleasant to watch.

Comment

And to think people used to put him on par with Floyd Mayweather...

Floyd Mayweather >>>>> Andre Ward in every aspect

Comment

What you said is the reason why people will either love him or hate him. What you said isn't necessarily untrue, Ward IS a dirty fighter - but there's something to like in that style to some people. Ward never said his opponents can't be dirty right back at him, they chose how they'd fight Ward knowing what Ward does and what he brings.

They went in pitting their fighting style against his and just so happened to come up short - no use crying after the fight

Comment

Working...
                      X